Question: Aerogarden and Aquaponics

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by CapnStorm, May 4, 2012.

1. Aerogarden:
    Hey blades, I was just browsing the cultivation section and was wondering why there has been no mention of (not sure if I'm using the right terminology here) pre-made systems like the Aerogarden(AeroGarden | AeroGarden Extra Elite Indoor Garden, Seed Kit, Grow Light) Is that system not enough(light output, available size...etc?) or is it because there are more cheaper alternatives?

Aquaponics:
    Is no one doing this? Some of my lecturers use them for their vege patches at home and their gardens seem to be in tip-top shape. So my question is, if(in regards to hydroponics) nutrients and water are a problem why isn't this a big thing?

Cheers!

P.s: How much does 1 plant yield on average?

2. #2 CL4P-TP, May 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2012
    aerogarden is pretty impracticable for growing cannabis. not enough space for a decent grow. there is one video on Utube that peeps keep bringing up .. dude may of yeilded 1/4 oz for the entire 3 months work . looks killer, but I can top that with a 4 liter pot and 2 65 watts CFls..

but peps still insist on using it once or twice..

as per Aquaponics
    unless you are growing lots of cannabis and have lots of extra space it is not really feasible either. fish can easily take up the same amount of space as the grow .. and you really dont save $$ (you still gotta care for the fish).

EDIT: if you do have the space and time to pull off aquaponics, go for it. cause yeah,... your shit will be tops!:smoke:

3. air-O, over in organic grow jounals, has a thred going about aquaponics.

4. Traditional aquaponics only works for plants that are harvested with only a heavy veg cycle, such as lettuce or bok choy. Air-O's set-up relies on an organic soil blend that uses an almost constantly running system that waters his pots from the bottom with aquarium water. Like the Heretic said, hit him up.

Also, there was a poster here by the handle of Genetic Engineer that devised a system for using synthetic nutes without killing his fish. Sounded rather difficult, but his videos were amazing.

5. Actually, I liked gangagoone handle organic fanatic, and shortened it to just 'fanatic', but heretic works too. LOL

6. Sorry, broham. I completely confused you with another poster. I meant to say "my man H2T".:eek:

7. Cool, thanks so much! I've been doing more research yields for normal veggies look ridiculous. Someone wanna test it out :p

8. The local hydro shop here has a 4 x 4 table setup running aquaponics via a drip system and a 600hps. The veggies are simply massive.