Question about universal laws

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Mnemonicsmoke, Jan 30, 2011.

1. #1 Mnemonicsmoke, Jan 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2011
    I was just thinking earlier how the laws of our universe may just be the relationship of all the forces, energies, and masses that interact within the system.

I was thinking for example that maybe if our universe had less mass or more mass the laws of physics might be different, for example maybe the speed of light would be a different constant, or the force of gravity would vary

I just thought it was interesting to think of the universe as a self organizing information system whose laws (the way information was recieved and transmitted) were subject to the information available...

like a universe as a true democracy...the subjects...(the individual information units) would dictate how they as a group would interact with each other

Which made me wonder....how much different would our universe be if you removed all the mass/energy/information of just a single human being? (I know energy cannot be created or destroyed) but if it didn't exist to begin with i'd imagine the universe could be a vastly different place

I'm not a physist, perhaps a poor philosopher but it does make me wonder

2. very very interesting. well i know that we know that there are some type of particles that can send information to eachother faster than the speed of light through amazingly long distances so theoretically speaking i think it could be plausible

3. what do you consider "universal law' to be... i mean i doubt it is posible to be any more broad... literally

4. You're on the right track. As far as one human on this planet, it wouldn't be much at all, but there would also be much loss, we're just not yet evolved enough in our awareness of these energies.

5. The only universal law is that there is no universal law other than all of the universal laws.