Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question about tolerance

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by glassmate, Jun 18, 2019.

Tags:
  1. I've been smoking for a few months and for the past maybe two-three i smoke daily at night (about .6 g total) I started to notice I was building tolerance so I've been taking a break for 3 days. I'd like to smoke tonight, will my tolerance still continually build If i just smoke two days then take two days off from now on?

2. You'll be good, even just after a good day of not smoking I'll feel it way more the next day

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Agree you will feel a significant difference both in how high and especially the duration after a 24 hour break versus say if you smoked at noon then repeated say a few hours later in the afternoon or evening.

As someone that strongly dislikes tolerance build ups because I greatly prefer a clean fresh mental high, I've learned that after a multi day t-break, I can repeat smoking a few hours after a session and get a nice buzz that first day though not nearly as strong or as long lasting. I am smoking 1 gram or less high potency weed on a given day. The next day smoking the same will get a better longer lasting high than I did during my second session the first day however it won't be nearly as strong a high nor last as long as the previous day's first session. Each additional day I repeat the smoking pattern that less high shorter pattern continues. On day 3 I still get a usable high after not smoking since the previous day but it doesn't last long and there are increasing drowsy couch lock effects. Three days ago, Saturday I smoked for the fourth consecutive day and got a usable high but regardless of how much I smoked later on that day, the high was limited, not very high at all and quickly lowered to a light buzz I don't value much but which many others are content with.

Although a 2 day break delivers a pretty decent high, it won't compare to a 4 day t-break. A week long or longer t-break is even better. Personal subjective measure:

period high time strong high
    -----------------------------------------
    2 week 100 100
    1 week 90 90
    4 day 70 60
    3 day 40 40
    2 day 30 25
    1 day 20 15
    6 hour 10 5

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. You don't tolerate nontoxic medicine; you accept it. Tolerance is attributed to substances that could induce a toxic shock and potentially be lethal at some dose.

When weed works the same every time, that's because it's supposed to.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. wikipedia: Drug tolerance

Drug tolerance is a pharmacological concept describing subjects' reduced reaction to a drug following its repeated use. Increasing its dosage may re-amplify the drug's effects, however this may accelerate tolerance, further reducing the drug's effects. Drug tolerance is indicative of drug use but is not necessarily associated with drug dependence or addiction. The process of tolerance development is reversible (e.g., through a drug holiday and can involve both physiological factors and psychological factors.

One may also develop drug tolerance to side effects, in which case tolerance is a desirable characteristic. A medical intervention that has an objective to increase tolerance (e.g., allergen immunotherapy, in which one is exposed to larger and larger amounts of allergen to decrease one's allergic reactions) is called drug desensitization...
    Drug tolerance should not be confused with drug tolerability, which refers to the degree to which overt adverse effects of a drug can be tolerated by a patient.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Confusing cannabis with drugs is why you are wrong.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. #7 hardrokker, Jun 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    Wikipedia: Drug

A drug is any substance that causes a change in a person's physiology or psychology when consumed. Drugs are typically distinguished from food and substances that provide nutritional support.
    ---------------------------
    From what you posted, am suspecting you may have a misunderstanding of terms medicine and drug. Please look up terms you are trying to communicate. In other words, drugs include all natural plant substances with such effects as well as medicines.

8. All drugs have lethal capacity. Medicine is the natural antibiotic to lethal drugs. As cannabis is an herb that acts as an enzyme, in no way shape or form can it be a lethal drug.

9. OK, I see you've changed "drug" to "lethal drug". Apparently that was what you meant to say above when you were writing "drug". Fine no problemo, easy to be loose with terminology during informal web discussions. "Confusing cannabis with "[lethal] drugs is why you are wrong."

I can see this thread is going off on a tangent we don't need to pursue. Today was t-break day 4, the haze and fog is well faded, so tomorrow will be smoking day 1 up in San Francisco.