Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question about tolerance and medicinal benefits.

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Deleted member 452289, Nov 27, 2013.

1. I was sitting here very thinking about how high my tolerance is and that got me thinking, say I were to be diagnosed with cancer, would my tolerance affect how much marijuana I would have to ingest to help fight the cancer compared to someone else? Or does the body treat marijuana differently with cancer? It would e very expensive for me(though not compared to those damn pharmaceuticals and chemo) to buy a pound which is supposedly the suggested amount to use for this kind of stuff but to think I'd have to pay more because of my tolerance makes me think twice about enjoying it consistently, because who knows if I'd need it sometime in my life and can't afford it.
    I'd really appreciate someone informed and knowledgeable on this topic to answer me, I'm very curious.

Tl;dr does my high tolerance mean I'd need more weed than the suggested pound to fight off types cancer?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. So you are worried that you are smoking so much weed, that when you smoke a pound of weed, you will no longer get rid of cancer?

There is a very good chance you are smoking too much.

...kidding. Come on, do you really plan on needing to use cannabis to cure cancer at some point? And if so, will the price really stop you from getting what you need? Why not smoke all you want, and learn to grow?

3. No no no what I'm saying is I smoke so much, ad also eat a good amount of edibles, would it take more weed than the average person to have the medicinal benefits from weed?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. tolerance could be described as the degree and intensity of one's subjective psychological experience of being stoned. that isn't what cures you of cancer or other diseases: the cbd (and other ingredients) does. so you'll get the same aptotic effects, but without as much of the transcendental high.

5. #6 Galaxy420, Nov 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2013
    when taking the essential oil your tolerance will blow through the roof. you could smoke all day along with the oil and not feel a thing from smoking. think your tolerance is high now, try the oil. the idea is to flood your receptors with the oil compounds in concentrate and let your body work out the rest. sleep will be the byproduct most cases.

Well said.

Nugasawrus

7. Tolerance can be reduced by improving the health of our cannabinoid receptors.  Granny will tell you that Omega-3 Fats are required for healthy cannabinoid receptors.  Here is her link:

Nutritional omega-3 deficiency abolishes endocannabinoid-mediated neuronal functions. (abst – 2011) 
    http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/21278728

My experience is that she is right.  My tolerance has gone down without taking a T-Break.