Question about the legitimacy of a website and its pieces

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by tolamang, Mar 5, 2014.

1. So I'm very curious as to buying a piece from this website I found, http://www.atomicsmokes.com/ however I'm concerned as to whether it can be trusted, and whether the glass is decent quality. there are plenty of videos of water tests of which I'll link some to get a feel for the pieces. I'm just worried about spending my money and getting messed over.

This is the piece I am interested in:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOBkbwetwHk
    My concern is the quality of the glass. It looks solid to me I'm just curious as to others opinions.
    Also, my other question is how do people feel about fritted disc percs for flower usage as that's what it would mainly be for.

2. damn, them titties fake as hell. wait, was that what you were asking about?

3. Can someone actually provide some relevant information please?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Reeks of china according to me. Prices are too good, they never make a claim to where its made and they sell domelss TIs for 1/8th of the retail price (on the original).

I would like to see if they are legit too considering the prices. 

5. China for sure but not bad for the price. Be careful and keep er clean and you should be fine. Water test looks ok.

6. Don't get a frit disc.

The amount of cleaning that comes with a frit, especially something off label, is just not worth the functionality at what you're gonna be paying.

What are you gonna be using the piece for? Oils or flowers?

7. This has to be the worst functioning recycle I've ever seen:
    http://www.atomicsmokes.com/products/inlinerecycler

Considering the function on that recycler, expect diminished function from the other pieces too. But like earlier posters have said, might be worth the price. For me I was thinking about trying the cycler but changed my mind when I saw the water test.

And really, most of us likes boobs and pretty dressed girls. but wtf? I do how ever not appreciated that a guy I'm buying from considers men as controllable sheep. Maybe more aggravating is that it might work on some of us, but I was hoping that grass culture could stay away from pin up girls and sex.

8. Yeah you know the glass isn't anything special when they need cleavage to sell it.

Sent from my MB886 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. I dunno, they look like maybe a 36C, maybe a D???? that help?

And @[member="InstaBlaze"]. nothing wrong with that, clevage should be used to sell everything.  I mean, I've never seen a commercial and thought to myself...well, that was 1 boob too many, not buying that product.

10. I won't lie I may order something off this site as a 4/20 gift. It looks like alot of the glass on ioffer which is actually pretty decent

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. my thoughts exactly. However despite the fact that they're using cleavage to sell their glass, I did email them and got a fast response in the morning. Asked a few questions to see if I can get some more info about them. Here's my main question for you all: EVEN IT IF IS CHINA GLASS: is it still a nice piece or am I getting ripped off? I have a sacred g disc perc oil rig blown by steve sizelove here in cincinnati and that thing is a beast for concentrates but im just looking for something that I can hit flowers smoothly out of without the grossness of weed and oil mixing in a piece. I also clean my pieces three times a week sometimes 4.

12. Well i cant disagree with you there... lol

It's just funny when theyre obviously focusing on the fact that it's a girl with cleavage hitting the tube instead of the tube itself

Your sizelove piece would blow anything off that website out of the water.  Whats keeping you from getting an flower piece from the same place you got that?

13. #13 tolamang, Mar 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2014
    heres an image of it for reference.
    and the reason I'm not getting stuff from my lhs is it's way too overpriced for what I can afford right now. I was in a better financial position when I bought the sizelove haha.

It's a beautiful piece but it gets way way too dirty way too quickly when smoking herb. My other idea was instead of getting another piece, would a simple ash catcher turn my sizelove into a functioning herb piece or should I just deal with the nastiness? If I were to get an ash catcher I'd either need to get one with a female joint or find a shorter adapter because the female to female adapter i use on my sizelove now is way too long for my liking. Also if an ash catcher is a good idea what type of perc would go along well? I was thinking honeycomb 

Attached Files:

14. That fritted disc will get nastier faster than that sizelove piece.

15. #15 tolamang, Mar 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2014
    So would you recommend I go the ash catcher route and just use the sizelove? Because keep in mind I have nothing against my sizelove I love it, other than the fact that it gets hella dirty when both herb and oils are smoked out of it.
    So if i can buy an ash catcher with the RIGHT perc on it for that piece id rather do that than spend money on a whole other piece, especially because if im just using the a/c for weed, i don't need to get a high quality one as i already have my sizelove piece i just need to use it for the ash and for a lil extra smoothness.

am i thinking correctly? I just feel like you guys know way more than me and that I'm pulling this logic straight from my asshole lol.
    basically what I'm saying is if i got an ash catcher instead would it matter if it's china glass seeing as the piece it's going on sure as hell isnt

16. Well it would work. It'd still get dirty since you can't have a huge ash catch with that size tube. It'd be a lil clunky too. Personally i'd just get a cheap stemline or inline or just a regular GonG for flowers. I'm kind of biased though i hate frits and honeycombs.

17. What if I got a carbon filter attachment? I don't mind much about the taste. 

I've heard they work great.

19. I think I've narrowed down my choices to getting either a carbon filter attachment for when I want to smoke herb or getting a cheap ash catcher from my lhs. I just don't think I can trust my money with a website like that I dunno.

20. #20 DorianOmega, Mar 5, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
    Looks more like india glass then chinese, and people should be aware many pipes that look china made are actually american made but have all the percs and stuff made abroad.

Also the website is fine, they are on ioffer as well.