Question About The Law

Discussion in 'General' started by KingCantaloupe, Aug 18, 2014.

1. So let's say I'm pulled over by an officer. He for one reason or another wants to begin searching my car. Let's also assume he has gone through the trouble to get the warrants needed to open my car and locked glove compartment. He will find a backpack that contains nothing evidently illegal but does have a bank deposit bag with all my "stuff" in it. This bag has a pop-up lock and can be considered a personal safe. Now, even if they get a warrant for that, but I simply cannot produce the key to open it, is there a chance I could be charged for obstruction of justice? Or would they kind of have to let it go? I know everything varies by state but can you help me think of some liabilities in this situation that maybe I haven't thought of? This thing is truly not able to be opened without the key, so I don't see how I could be charged.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. What the fuck man. You want to carry a personal safe for your dubs? More power to you.

3. Well if he pulls you over and you decline the search, if he suspects there is drugs in the vehicle, he won't go and get a warrant because that'd take too long (he would need to request a warrant in which a judge would need to sign off on). Instead he would order for a drug dog to be called in, the drug dog would then do a search and if he gives the signal(wagging tail, sitting down etc..) they would have the right to enter whether you give them the key or not, and that usually involves them entering in a destructive manner - in that case handing over the key would be the wiser option and would probably lead to a more favourable outcome in court.

But all this is highly unlikely because who is stupid enough to leave bud in there car?

4. Yeah, if you say no, they'll haul the vehicle off to their impound.

Also only need one warrant to search the car, and anything inside of the car is considered part of the car.

If they find it, they'll open it.

5. #5 Lenny., Aug 18, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
    You should consult an attorney. 

6. They will break the lock if you don't have the key don't worry about it

7. If you're that paranoid you should quit smoking or move to a more relaxed state. If i was that paranoid i wouldn't be able to enjoy the high.

8. I feel I should clarify on how this bag works. It is heavy vinyl on the outside, reinforced by Kevlar on the inside. Uncuttable. The lock on it is a pop up lock, made of titanium that clamps down on a double layered zipper. The lock is 11-spoke, deemed unpickable without the most sophisticated lock picking machines that need to do it by computer. This is the same bag that corporate companies use to transport cash and checks to the bank. It has a reputation of not being able to be opened but by the sheer force of an explosion that would obliterate anything inside. That's the point. You need the key. Nobody can prove what's inside once the key is gone. So what will they do with this unbreachable bag?

9. And the titanic was unsinkable.

I'd use the jaws o' life on this "unbreakable" bag.

10. I guess you've never heard of bolt cutters, or lock pick guns :smoke:

11. I'm pretty sure they could get into that bag if they had a warrant... I highly doubt it would even hold up against a dremel with a cutting wheel.

12. So in short don't drive with weed