Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question about tar in marijuana

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by ShyGuyzz, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Hello all! I have a quick question. Firstly, I know marijuana is very good for you and that it does not give cancer. My problem is when people ask me about marijuana and the amount of tar in it... It is true that there is a lot of tar in marijuana, but I know it doesn't contribute to any disease. I don't exactly know why, though... can someone point me in the direction to something that gives me a detailed explanation as to what happens to that tar? My guess was that the THC gets rid of it somehow, but I like to be precise and accurate when I explain things to people. Thank you all and hopefully legalization for the world!

2. If you do a google search on marijuana and tar a number of sites show up.

When I got my recommendation the Dr told me to either use edibles or a vaporizer. Inhaling any kind of smoke is not a good thing.

3. no. THC does not magically get rid of tar.

but using a vape and edibles do! lol