question about seed germination

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by CityofgoD, Jun 3, 2006.

1. ive currently got bout 15 plants growing which range form just finished being germinated to 4 week old , ill post of them soon but my question does the length of time it takes a seed to germinate have any relevance to it being a good strain that will yield a healthy bud amount if grown outside for about three weeks then moved into an indoor setup running on a 1000w MH light setup

2. Is that one question or three??

Germination time has no relation to the quality of the genetics.

I know nothing about growing under lights, you should maybe ask that bit again in the Indoor Growing Forum.

3. hahah i know that was a long question, im probably just keep em growing outside, but now ive got a pestilence problem do you know of any good insects that i can use as predator for leaf eating insects?

4. strangely enough i know lady bugs are a good for that.they dont harm ur plants at all and they love eating fungus gnats so i hear and other problematic insects to ur crop.good luck buddy.

5. I know you can buy ladybugs for this purpose.
    Also, I make an organic insecticide from garlic and soap.

6. Thanx for the tips guys ill post pics later this coming week of my progress, is that all the components to your homemade pesticide?

7. quote=CityofgoD]hahah i know that was a long question, im probably just keep em growing outside, but now ive got a pestilence problem do you know of any good insects that i can use as predator for leaf eating insects?[/quote]

ladybugs eat aphids and stuff but they can fly so they might leave the patch but if you have a pretty big patch i suggest ladybugs

8. I tried ladybugs and they dont stay a while uless they are fed. But they are good for that 3 days.

9. Organic gardening place that I deal with sells ladybug feeders, to keep them around.

10. hey is dat all the components of your homemade pesticide ?

11. As you have made no specific quotes, not sure to whom you are talking.

Fly

12. i just wanna know how you make that pesticide you were talking about which included vinegar to ward off leaf eating pests.

13. i just typed vinegar i meant the one you were talking about with garlic and soap, sorry bout that.

14. If you write something in error you can go back and alter it - just click on EDIT.

You need a pan, hob, garlic crusher, cheese grater, sieve.
    I crushed 3 or 4 cloves of garlic, added them to a quart of water and an ounce or so of soap (grated), brought to a simmer, stirred until the soap was dissolved. Pour through a sieve into a sprayer, bought from the garden centre.

15. thanx a lot spanish fly , i prepared you concoction and it works splendidly!

16. Glad to be of some help!!