Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question About Rohto V Eye Drops...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by 989toke, Mar 2, 2009.

1. I bought a bottle of Rohto V eye drops the other day because I read that a lot of people really liked them. I was reading the box when I saw that it said the drops weren't supposed to be used with contact lenses... This kind of bothers me because I wear contact lenses and it would be a huge inconvenience to have to take my contacts out if I wanted to use them in my car or something.

Does anybody know if this warning is a real warning? And if so, what are the side effects of using these drops with lenses?

2. why don't you just use your contacts as an excuse for having red eyes? thats what my friend does instead of using drops

3. Hmm lol that's a good idea... I'll definitely use that if I don't have any drops around.

4. cuz when things add up like red eyes+acts weird+is very hungry+smells like to much axe or smells like smoke= high

and usually red eyes is the giveaway that you are high, if u can eliminate that it could really help out when trying to convincing others that you arent high

plus when youre high its not just the red eyes, its the squinty eyes, the black bags under your eyes, all those things become very noticable when you have red eyes, but if ur eyes are completely white people dont notice the squinty eyes or black bags as much

5. Don't act weird, or you can just be high all the time like me to when I am not high around my folks they think something is wrong.

6. dam i wear contacts and use rhotos everyday....... my eyes havnt burnt out yet though so you should be good.

7. dont use rohtos with contacts..my eye dr. said this too when i asked him.

he suggested opcons by bausch & lomb

8. I used this shit last night...

a) so did my friend who wears contacts, so maybe its not bad if its only occasional, but I'm not a doctor so don't listen to me, except when I say that
    b) if it's the cooling kind, that shit burns like hell and probably isn't so bad when you're sober but when you're high it's really intense. Unless you've used it before and/or I'm just a pussy, in which case don't listen to this point either.

9. to much axe is always a dead give away. I always rub my hands with dirt.

10. ya it burns pretty bad, when youre super high it can get intense for a minute or two. I've started to get used to it and don't really mind it anymore. it's always fun to give the drops to people who have never used them before and watch them freak out when they first put them in haha kinda mean but harmless after a few seconds

11. Seriously?? Why would they put a "fake" warning on your eye drops?? That, my friend, was fucking stupid

12. I think it's because rhoto's doesn't contain contact solution. If it doesn't contain contact solution and you put it in your eye while wearing contacts it can really irritate your eye. Like putting water in your eye while wearing contacts, but to a way less extreme.

13. Yeah, apparently :rolleyes:

Alot of the warnings on labels are to cover their asses... I wouldn't be surprised if they put that warning even though only 1% of contact wearers reported problems or something and 99% were fine. Example:

14. my buddy talked to his eye doctor, and he said that rhotos are fine as long as it's not the arctic (silver) ones, because they contain a different chemical which is bad for lenses.

but yeah, to be on the safe side, id go with something made for contacts.

15. I use the Green bottle when I have my contacts on and the Blue when I don't

16. I wear contacts, have used them and I can still see. I don't think it'll hurt you to use them a couple times, but if it says not to on the box, then don't. Just use the standard drops like visine, it works.

17. those things feel so nice but they are like 12 bucks... i would much rather spend 3 dollars on a small bottle of clear eyes that will last me awhile. Rhoto i odnt think is worth it

18. Haha chill man they put nonsense warnings on various things all the time.. Like expiration dates on chapstick. Judging by what everyone else says it doesn't seem like a very serious warning.

19. i'm not a doctor or anything but i've used the green rohto and the arctic ones with contacts in and i can still see. some of the rohtos have a small bit of acid in them, which is why i believe they have that warning. i don't buy it. keep puffin.

20. i use those bad boys atleast twice a day and my eyes and contacts are absolutly fine my brain, thats a little fucked but thats for a whole different thread.