Question about red light

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Monstrous god, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Hello blades!
    I have a question about crossing an intersection. Haha this may seem stupid but let me go into detail.
    I was going about 45 MPH crossing an intersection at an orange light turning red but the light turned red right as I hit the intersection thinking the orange light would last a lil longer. As I said I kept crossing at 45 MPH.
    The ultimate question is blades am I getting a ticket?

2. The ultimate question is.............are you color blind?

To be honest though, I have no idea.......they don't even have cameras on the traffic lights where I live.

3. Fortunately I'm not.
    Should have stopped but I was already running late to class so I said fuck it and sped up. Haha my heart sank when the light turned red

4. If you saw no flash and you weren't pulled over Id say you are good to go.

5. Orange/yellow means slow down, not speed up lol. I've gotten a ticket for this exact thing though, (damn traffic cameras) I didn't see a flash or a camera or anything but sure enough about a week later in the mail, 100$ ticket for running a red light. Had a picture of my car and everything on it, just cruising through the intersection while the light was clearly red, not much I could say/do besides pay up. I honestly didn't even remember doing it, I was probably fiddling with my radio or something (which I clearly shouldn't have been) and didn't even notice I had ran a light. Guess I was actually really lucky I didn't hurt anyone or myself and now I definitely am a bit more careful around red/yellow lights, I at least look for traffic cameras now lol.

6. If the light turns from orange/yellow to red AND YOU ARE ALREADY IN THE INTERSECTION, you did not run the red light. Most people aren't aware of this fact.

Before this critical point (you cross anytime before this), you're good; anytime after, you run the risk of being ticketed.

7. Haha I just meant cause you said orange and not yellow....now that I think about it though I guess some of em do look orange.

And yellow most definitely means speed up! lol

8. [quote name='"PAToke775"']

Haha I just meant cause you said orange and not yellow....now that I think about it though I guess some of em do look orange.

And yellow most definitely means speed up! lol[/quote]

Most of the lights in my city are all dirty and faded so most yellow lights look orange.

9. You'll be fine, won't be getting a ticket or anything.

I was once pulled over at 2:30 am for running a yellow... Those were the cop's words. But I didn't get a ticket, the cop just "warned" me. I guess he couldn't really give me a ticket for that because, well, it was legal. I think the only reason he pulled me over is because I floored it to make that yellow. I'm lucky he didn't have his radar set up otherwise I would've got a speeding ticket.

But... yeah, unless it's really fresh yellow, might as well stop because they like to hassle you.

10. I am being 100% factual when I say this, a cop can give you a ticket for running a yellow light.

To the OP, as long as you didn't see a flash you should be fine

11. as long as youre out in the intersection before it turns red...you should be fine.
    if it turns red right after you cross the painted line, you should be good.

if it turned red before you crossed the stopping lines, well good luck.
    it could go either way.

12. it all depends on the white line. if you've passed that white line before it turns red, you're fine

don't know what part of your car has to pass the white line, I would assume the front bumper

13. Around here the yellow is timed to the speed limit, every 10 mph of the limit is one second on the yellow...40 mph you get 4 seconds, 50 5 sec. and so on. So if you see it go yellow you have a good idea about how long before red....

14. Where in Cali are you? Most cities in So Cal have abandoned traffic light cameras.

15. Shit. That's crazy, but I guess the official rule for yellows is "stop if it's safe to do so". It wouldn't be a difficult ticket to argue unless the cop had dash cam footage of you.