Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question about public use v. Decriminalized states

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by LinkDead56k, Jan 17, 2009.

1. #1 LinkDead56k, Jan 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2009
    OK. Marijuana was just decriminalized a couple weeks ago in MA. There is another thread here that got me thinking. So it seems that each town needs to pass ordinances banning the public use of weed.

So that leaves the question.. Can you smoke in public if the town has not passed the ordinance? And not get in trouble?

2. Not really, you will get fined a bit, but then again the cops will probably not even want to bother writing up a ticket for something like that.

3. Being decriminalized doesn't take away the penalties of possession, it just won't be a criminal offense. If a cop sees you and wants to take action you'll get a fine and he'll take all your bud.

4. Decrim doesn't make weed legal. Cops can still take all your shit, and give you a fine.

I also don't know if that would be considered public intoxication :confused:

5. Its definatly illegal everywhere to have burning weed viewable in public places, but it differs everywhere whether you can get away with it easily or not, some cops might just take your joint or watever, others can fine youy by state law, some might arreast you, but it dpeneds on your location.

6. and it also depends on whether the cops are dicks, i remember in high school all the cops that patrolled the surrounding area were dicks and would write you a ticket for possession and smoking close to a school or some shit like that, i myself never got a fine.

7. TRanslation: a cop WILL take your half ounce, and fine you $200.

8. i go to school in mass and he cops said that they aren't even going to issue tickets because a 100 dollar fine would not be worth the trouble.. but i probably wouldn't spark up right in front of a cop's face though

9. Everything depends on the cop. Cops are usually dickheads, so go with the, don't get caught route.

10. yea cops in my town are as lazy as fuck thye are always at dunkin donuts, but the only cop that cares is the cop that works at the shcool, man is he a real douchebag

11. Where you at in mass? Damn "school resource officers", they aint real pigs by my standards, just piglets.

12. yea man 420, boy are you right RO suck balls his name is like officr smith what a douche, thta piglet thing was good
    im up on the northshore