Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

question about pressing kief

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Kemper420, Oct 31, 2013.

1. so i got a sharpstone kief press the other day bcus ive been collecting crazy amounts of kief lately. so i pressed a small disc of it, and i went to take it out and it kinda split in half, it still compressed a ton of it but it just kinda split apart into 2 small chunks. i was wondering if i am supposed to leave it in for a long period of time? do i need to heat it up for a while?? should i let the kief dry before pressing?

any advice helps, thanks!

2. Why not just take the kief and put it on a bowl like you would do whether its pressed together or not?

3. Lower quality will not stick together as well.

Don't bother with "heat pressing". Just ruins taste.

4. You should be leaving it in the press for at least 8 hours.

5. most definitely not the case here. :)

thanks i might try this on my next press

Press 1-2 grams of kief in your hand for a few minutes. If it's high quality, it should become a thick resin. If it doesn't press well, it has a bit of plant material in it.

7. nah i already figured out why its breaking apart man, im using a cylinder press, so the 2 pegs stick to the kief, so all i gotta do is cut out little wax paper circles and put those on each peg before i press it

the stuck sticks together great, its just it breaks in half every time i open the 2 pegs after pressing.
    ill post a pick in a day or 2 once i finish this kief first

8. Take a razor blade and slice it down in between where it's stuck to the pegs.

9. yeah i used my kief scoop to get it off, razor blade woulda worked good too