Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question about police and weed

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by mathewbud84, Jul 16, 2010.

1. I am planning on going to the movies tonight, and afterwards I am probably going to my friends house to light up.
    I want to bring my weed and 4 inch glass piece.. and i was wondering if the cops (they are real dicks on weekend nights) could just assume i smoked and checked me or something.. or if i had red eyes could they search me?

2. you always have your 4th amendment right but the question is.. is it worth the risk?

3. They can only search you with probable cause. I highly doubt red eyes would constitute probable cause, but all it takes is a little visine to stop worrying about that.

They can pat you down if they suspect you of carrying a weapon, though! So leave your glock at home just this one night.

4. Well in new york the NYPD has a bullshit stop and frisk policy. But you only need to worry about that if you're black or latino. Fuckthecops!!! :mad:

5. well my dad was a cop for awhile and he said that while cops DO need probable cause, he said they can search you if they want. he said if they suspect, but dont have probable cause, he said they WILL find (prob cause), fair or not.

just roll a Joint, and carry it in a cigarette box or something, and if you should happen to run into a cop, eat the joint.

6. Don't be a dumbass and you'll be fine.

7. I always have weed on me. As long as your not doing grafiti on a building or getting in a car chase you should be fine.

8. it's all about confidence man:cool:

9. Bring the weed or the piece, but not both. With the weed, the piece is paraphernalia, without it, it's a tobacco pipe, or even sculpture.

It's better if you're a passenger than a driver--no bullshit DWI charges--and better by far if you can take a train or a cab.

Avoid smelling like weed, of course.

10. ...doesn't mean jack shit until you reach the courtroom and prove to the judge/jury that you were searched illegally. Just because a search might be eventually ruled illegal doesn't mean cops still don't do it.

OP, you should be fine, get some Rhotos (green box) for your eyes after you smoke. Maybe put your herb and pipe in the trunk while you're driving around to be extra careful of prying eyes. Chill for a while before you drive back home, or preferably just try and spend the night at your friends house.

As another member pointed out though, I would evaluate the risk vs. reward first. If it's just too risky because cops are practically hunting people down on weekends in your area, then maybe consider not bringing it.

11. What makes a pipe paraphernalia is having resin in it. It does not matter at all whether or not you actually have marijuana on or with you. Cops have field drug tests with them, and if they scrape some resin and it tests postive, you are going to be charged with possession of drug paraphernalia.

12. The "sculpture" comment just made me laugh...

"A bong? Heavens no officer, I'm an artist. This is my art." :D
    (even if it is kind of true for people in the glass blowing profession)

13. Just act "white." They won't touch you then. :rolleyes:

14. ALSO my dad said if you act all "i know my rights" ull just piss them off more and they will be out to get you.

he said the best bet is to be polite.

it may be a violation of 4th amendment but they dont fucking care the law is on their side

15. haha don't worry about it man. i'm high in public/possessing bud and pieces pretty much at all times...just don't do anything dumb, and if you got red eyes go get some eyedrops. only time i ever got in trouble with the police over weed, it was because we got pulled over and had a bong laying out in the trunk. and even then we didn't get into trouble, the cop just smashed the bong( :[ </3 )