Question about Nutrients/ff trio

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by iggy0075, May 11, 2013.

1. My plants will be 3 weeks on Tues. I just transplanted from mg to FFOF, the bag and dude at the shop said I don't need to feed them for a month because of the soil.

Now I'm planning on switching over to 12/12 in a week or 2, can't let my plants get too big.

I was looking at fox farm trio for nutes, will I need any of that for the next month, or since I'll be in the flowering stage (once I see pistils) can I go ahead and use the flowering nutes from the trio? I guess the grow big part of the trio wouldn't do me any good since I'd be out of veg?

Thanks!!

2. You can start giving nutrients once u switch it to flowering . so the week u switch to flowering u can start using some nutrients just make sure the N is lower then the K and ull be good .

on the back of the nutrients bottle it will say what the NPK and if its like 10-8-5 , Its a no go , if it was 5-8-10 then thats great go for it .

3. I would also get some Ca/Mg supplement. Your plats love you already forgetting them out of the MG. But I've found when using FFOF I need to supplement the Ca/Mg. Though this I somewhat strain dependent. The strains I grow like to eat quite a bit. lol, even my weed has munchies :)

4. I couldn't agree more with Argaha...get some CalMag supplement. I've now done a couple runs using the FF nutes and every time I've needed it.

I wouldn't use any nutes for 3-4 weeks after getting them into the FFOF soil regardless of where you're at with light cycles. Just let them eat up what's in the soil (which is quite a bit) and then slowly introduce the Tiger Bloom at 1/4 dose with some CalMag. Steadily increase dose as needed. I typically use Big Bloom with the Tiger Bloom as well at 1/4 the dose.

Also, always pH the Tiger Bloom after you dilute it. If left un-pH'd, those nutes are about 5.3-5.5 and will hurt your plants big time. Bring it up to 6.5 before feeding and your plants will thank you.

:smoke:

5. Great thanks for the info, where do you get cal/mag supplements? Online or any nursery/garden center?

6. Any reasonable gardening/hydro store will carry CalMag. It's a pretty standard nute supplement.

You can also get it online of course. I use Botanicare CalMag (here it is at Amazon)...not sure if it's the "best" or whatever but it certainly works as needed.

7. i just got some off of amazon Cal-Mag plus. I am using foxfarm ocean with the trio and I needed it. Would have been nicer having it on hand then having to wait a couple days.

8. Awesome, gotta love Amazon. I'll order that the same day I get the trio.

9. yep especially when you dont have a hydro or decent gardening store around amazon can be a life saver.