Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question about new laws in MASS

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by xmmanx, Jan 5, 2009.

1. hey i just had a few questions about the new law in mass. i was wondering what happens if you are caught with more than an ounce? norml seems to say that its similar to how it is now but where is the limit? what amount makes it a felony possesion or intent to distribute?

2. More than one ounce (first offense)\t misdemeanor\t6 months**\t$500
    More than one ounce (subsequent offense) misdemeanor\t6 months***$500

Possession of one ounce or less of marijuana is a civil offense, subject to a $100 fine like a traffic tricket. Offenders under 18 will be required to attend a drug awareness program or pay a $1000 fine. Possession of more than one ounce of marijuana is punishable by up to six months in jail and a fine of up to $500. For first time offenders, the court will sentence the offender to probation and upon successful completion of the probation period, the offender's record will be sealed. For subsequent offenses, probation may still be possible.

Paraphernalia, manufacture, possession or sale\tfelony 1 - 2 years\t $500-5,000
    Paraphernalia sale to a minor\tfelony\t3 - 5 years\t$1,000 - 5,000

sucks nothing changed about having a dirty bowl, best bet if you are driving is the L

3. Massachusettes hating on glass. Lame.

4. i'll be doing this on my way to school today :D:smoking:

5. Yeah i read all that but i want to know where the line is drawn. obviously over an ounce covers a wide range. 30g is gonna be treated much differenlty than a qp or a lb.

6. .1g - 27.9g = civil
    28.0g - 49lb = mis.
    50lb = felony

as long as its not bagged up for distribution

7. i saw those on the norml website but is that really how its laid out? someone gets caught with 40lbs and all they face is a misdeamer (6 months jail/$500 fine!?)