Question about my sprout :)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bassknocker23, May 17, 2009.

1. ok so my first planted poked throuh the soil today, it still has te seed on it, is this bad?

also, I ws wondering if should put it under the light now?

2. If it has poked out of the soil, you should have the light on it. And the seed will fall off eventtually, or you can take it off (carefully) in a few days (if its resisting being pulled off, leave it alone)

3. ok, i put it under te light, its aout 3 inches away from the lamps.

I am using 2 24 watt 2700k CFL white lights. I dont have money to go get the correct ones until this coming friday.

are thes okay for now until friday?

also, I am doing 18/6....ok?

4. Yeah that's ok, 2700k isnt ideal for vegging, but it will do until you can get some daylight bulbs. Good luck with your grow dude

5. If you have that low power, try 24/0.

6. Ok, Ill se how it does for a while,

also, should I water the sprout?

I woke up and checked all 4 pots and this one was sprouted and I havnt watered or anything. I just set it outside for a while so it could get some sun

7. just water when the soil is dry when you poke your finger in a little. put it under your light on 24/24. has the seed come off yet?

8. no it hasnt :/

the soil seems a little dry. should I put some waterin it until it seems moist?

should I just put some tap water in there?

9. Distilled water is ideal. If you can't do that, leave some water out overnight and it should be okay for watering. Also for the water, if it doesn't feel too cold or too warm to you, it should be okay to water the plants with.

10. Ok, I have a tubberware bottle full of tap water sitting here from ysterdy, ill just use that, and it should be room temperature

11. actually the water seems kind of cold, would it be okay to put it in the sun for a little bit to warm it up

12. Yeah, that would be fine. Not too hot though. Also, most tap water is fine for plants and won't hurt them, just in case you're ever in a pinch.