question about my seedlings first leaves turning yellow

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by lilpeppa, Feb 25, 2010.

1. hi. my plants are about 3 weeks old and doing well under my 400 MH light. they have a few sets of leaves that have popped out and my question is that the first set of smooth leaves are now turning yellow but the other green jagged leaves look good. Is this normal? I just want to make sure if not, that I can catch it early. thanks!!

lilpeppa

2. Ideally, the cotyledons and all leaves for that matter, will remain green and photosynthetic until they are sufficiently shaded from the light. Then the plant will naturally drop these leaves. Could be natural, could be a long list of other things.

3. thanks house! I'm working through this thing and have four of my five females left. I am soaking up lots of things in these threads and getting schooled!

thx

peppa

4. could also be root bound

5. This is completely normal you have nothing to worry about man, those leaves are only meant to serve as light absorbers when the seedling is just opening. Once the plant developes like yours they will naturally fall off, I just pull them or cut them usually. Its NATURAL and doesnt mean anything as the one guy said it could.