question about my plant

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by new_grower123, Apr 29, 2009.

1. i think i remember from science class that plants store there energy during the day and grow at night, well i have two blue flood lights on my pond about 50 feet from my plants, will this effect their growing at all?

2. Not a good idea to unnecessarily expose your plants to artificial light during their dark period.

3. not good ....

4. nothing more needs to be said about that. not good. haha.

5. #5 orion14, Apr 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2009
    If I remember correctly there are several variations in the mechanics of cellular respiration depending on what type of plant it is. CAM is what I think you are describing. Simply put, in plants that use CAM all of the plant's stomates close at during the day and only open at night to take in CO2. Photosynthesis is a 24 hour cycle in these plants and they used the CO2 taken in at night and photosynthesize during the day using the CO2 from the night before.
    Its typical of cacti and other flora growing in hot or dry environments allowing them to conserve water (its stomates are closed during the day).

Weed is not one of those plants, do your best to prevent light at night during flowering!

-Entomologist (but plants are interesting too hehe)

6. For photosyntesis need light who bring and heat for kinetic molecular energy.
    During night there are not photosyntesis and plants use monosaharide maded by day to keep growth ciclus.
    Exist C3,C4 and CAM plants in which group are almost all desert plants what canna are not.Canna are C3 plant.

7. they are in veg, i was just wondering if its alright during veg. i am putting them in my shed during flower

8. Suit yourself.

9. Hermie's.....

10. i turned it off i was just asking if it made a difference if it was in veg