Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question about making gummies

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by islaguy, Jun 25, 2022.

1. If you know the % of THC in your infused coconut oil and your recipe calls for added water,does that effect the finished mixtures THC %?

2. Coconut oil to make gummies? Normally you'd use rso oil where you use strong alchohol to pull thc from bud then boil that alchohol off leaving a black tar like substance called rick Simpson oil ( rso ) not sure how that is going to turn out, also normally oil is fairly weak

3. So using your rso mix if you added water to it or any other material would it decrease the amout of thc in your original mix?

4. Idk about oil but rso is concentrated

5. A whole lot of people use infused coconut oil for their gummies. It's hard to find a recipe that doesn't. The other way is using tincture. Water is always part of the recipe and the oil is just an additive. You'll need to use lecithin with the oil to get it to set properly.

You need to make your oil strong enough for the whole batch. For instance, if you want 100 gummies @ 25mg each, your oil will need to be about 2500mg total. The water plays no part of that except to determine your volume. :)

6. Thank You appreciate your "help"!

7. i make gummies fairly regularly with coconut oil, i've made them with tincture as well but tbh i prefer the texture of the oil ones.

heres a good dosage calculator - https://emilykylenutrition.com/edible-dosage-calculator/

Most likely there will be a bunch of people that say its wrong, but i used it when i was just starting out and it helped out a lot. after a while you'll be able to work it out in your head :)

8. Thanks for the link I also found this one I like.
    Edibles Dosage Calculator - Instantly Know How Potent Your Edibles Are

• Agree Agree x 1