Question about Lighting

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Burn Me Bro, Mar 15, 2009.

1. #1 Burn Me Bro, Mar 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2009
    How Far should i keep the lights away from the plants to sprout them? i just bought a lights of america Grow light 75 watt from walmart

2. check it again... If its a flourescent tube then thats the incandescent equivilent. I would keep it like 4-5 inch away and got more lights quick. Also stay away from the Lights of America brand - thats cheap shit and I dunno if i'd trust leaving it on all the time for a grow room.

3. Its worth it to just get a few good quality CFLs and be done. The bulbs that are marketed as 'grow lights' don't seem to have as much power as standard CFLs. You actually don't need any light before they sprout, just warmth and moisture. But a small CFL over the top is fine, and can help add some of that warmth. Once they pop out, get your lights down to within a few inches of the plant. CFLs put off very little heat and having the light close to the plant will help prevent stretching.

4. Ok can you tell me what kind of CFL light to purchase??

5. Well, for the veg stage, you want bulbs that are in the 6500k spectrum. These are typically sold as bright white or daylight bulbs. For flowering, you want 2700k bulbs. These will be soft white or cool white. The key to buying CFLs is to watch the wattage. For example, the package will say "100 watt", but only uses 23 watts. The 100 watts means that bulb puts out the same amount of light as a 100 watt incandescent (standard round), but only uses 23 watts of power. That 100 watts is the equivalent wattage and the amount used (say 23 watts) is the actual wattage. When choosing bulbs, you want those with the highest actual wattage, and you use that number to count your total wattage in your grow. Sounds kinda complicated, but once you check out a few packages, you will understand. Feel free to PM me if you need anymore help.

6. were can a buy 6500k spectrum bulbs? (the bulbs TexarkanaTim is talking about) Homedepo?

7. I found a 105 actual watt (400 W equivalent on www.1000bulbs.com It is 6500K daylight and costs around $38. It says it has a medium standard base. What type of fixure could I use these bulbs in? I suppose I'll use 3 - 1 on top and 1 on each side.

8. Yes, those bublbs can be found at Home Depot, Lowe's, Walmart, etc. Some packages won't specify the 6500 or 2700k spectrum, so look for the bright white or daylight for 6500 and soft or cool white for the 2700k.

9. WELL I WANT TO GROW THEM INSIDE 4 A COUPLE WEEKS THEN TRANSPLANT THEM OUTSIDE IN UPCOMING APRIL, IS THERE ANYTHING I SHUD KNO ABOUT B4 I DO THAT, I DNT WANA RUIN ALL MY PROGRESS WEN I DO THAT:confused: