Question about light proximity

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by schmal3x, Feb 4, 2013.

1. So my flower room is 48x40 and I currently have a single 600w HPS in there. I have a spare 600w set up sitting around and I would like to toss it into the flower room also. Here is my question:

My hoods are 24x18, what I would like to do is put them side by side one inch apart to make a 24x37 setup. Would this cause any issues?

2. Yards meters feet inches or millimeters, cause if it's feet you are way underpowered, still I 'd be more concerned with ventilation than reflection

3. All the measurements are in inches, its essentially a 4x3.5 foot room. As far as ventilation goes both hoods are air cooled and I have two 450CFM inlines. Was thinking filter>inline>hood>hood>inline>outside. Currently its setup as filter>hood>inline>outside and the temps are stable at low 70's.

Mainly im concerned about the bulbs themself being so close, I have read about magnetic interference from MH bulbs, but not sure if that would apply to HPS. I also could only find one post talking about the magnetic problems so I thought it best to double check, bcuz teh interwebz r alwayz rite, right?

4. Think about light coverage in terms of square feet, not number of plants. Depending on your growing method, a 400w HID could be right for one plant or 36...

5. I never mentioned amount of plants, its precisely about light coverage.