Question About Light Cycle Interruption

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by xBlue Dream, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Sup folks.

My four girls are now on Day 40 of flower and lookin real nice.
    20190120_060142.jpg 20190120_180506.jpg

Anyway, I got a notice in the mail this weekend from the power company, letting everyone on my block know that they'll be performing maintenance (weather permitting) on the power lines, and everyone is supposed to lose power today for about four hours.

Now, I know of course that during the flower cycle, uninterrupted dark is very important. My question today is: Just how important is an uninterrupted light cycle? The lights are on nowadays from 6am to 6pm, and we're expecting our power to be cut from 9am til 1pm.

My current plan is to open the tent all the way around, keep the bedroom light on and make sure plenty of light streams through the window. I don't think that a few hours without their 1000w of HPS is going to matter much, particularly if I can keep enough ambient light on them to convince them it's not "night" merely 3 hours after their "day" started today. But what do you think?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Some more pics for appreciation :)
    20190120_180621.jpg 20190120_180617.jpg 20190115_094114.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. All good mate, wont matter at all.
    Just resume your normal lighting schedule ASAP.
    Good luck. (looking nice btw mate)

4. Thanks man! As always, thanks for the advice.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Just gonna add, I ran my veg on a 6/2 cycle for a while last month or so... to try it out. And the plants were actually bigger last round.

6. 6/2 cycle bro?

7. yes. on 6 on, 2 off. There's a thread here on GC that I appear to be the only person to have tried it... anyhow, yea it works good. Last plants had bigger leaves (anecdotal).

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. here you go. idk if it helps or not, but the point is, I wouldn't worry about a small interruption in the lighting cycle. There's a nice article linked in the thread that explains the theory why...

ps: @ xBlue Dream, your plants look great dude!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Thanks dude!

10. Just happened to me as well. Make sure to check your timer because the on and off times may have shifted due to the power loss.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. It won’t matter at all. I think it’s a good idea to get as much light from the window, during the power outage, as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum