Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question about job drug testing

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by raydavies, Jun 28, 2012.

1. I just got a job at 7-Eleven, and start training within a week. Because I was looking for a job, I abstained from smoking for about a month so far, and am wondering a few things. I know for a fact that some 7-Elevens do indeed drug test employees; however, if the application/hiring packet didn't mention a pre-employment drug test, can the company still do one?

I'd rather be safe than sorry, so I'm definitely waiting at least until I start work there. Though it would make my life easier if they d-tested on the first day so I wouldn't have to worry about them testing later on.

So does anyone here know how companies implement their testing policies, can they legally test me without having mentioned a test, and how long should I wait before I can safely smoke again, with no chance of being tested?

Thanks. If it helps I am only an occasional smoker, so I doubt my thc levels will ever be tremendously high.

2. If you have already been hired without signing ANY form about drug testing in regards of hiring, I say your fine. Plus most places that are low wage jobs don't try and drug test (too expensive for a low return, no offense :D ). Hell, I've been promoted twice (now as a head lifeguard) and never been tested :hello:. But if there is any suspicion on drug use etc they can drug test you.

3. Most companies are apart of a corporation for a drug free workplace. As a result, they usually have you sign off a waver within the application that 1) gives them permission to do a pre-employment drug test if need be and 2) allows them to submit you to random drug tests while you are under employment. If they didn't mention the pre-employment drug test off the bat I wouldn't worry about it. And most companies only use the random drug test if there is an injury on the job, so just try to avoid that and you should be alright.