Question about: How to take a drug rule.

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Snap, Oct 14, 2009.

1. #1 Snap, Oct 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2009
    So I've kinda always wondered why it was okay to give advice on how to smoke/eat cannabis but not other drugs? I mean in the Apprentice Smokers section there is even a sticky on how to smoke a bong...

Isn't MJ just as illegal as any other substances (in most places)? I'm not trying to start anything I was just curious as to why that was allowed and other drugs aren't. I know it's Grasscity and all but really doesn't the site take the same responsibility regardless of what substance is being used?

Anyways yea, I'm just looking for an answer or someone to shed some light as to why this is the case.

2. probably because you cant OD on weed, but you can on other drugs so GC doesnt want to be liable

3. Well this is GRASScity

4. Precisely.

Liability prevents them from giving dosage or administration advice.

5. My guess is the same as the firsts

6. I know you're smarter than this thread, Snap :laughing:

As has been said, you can't OD on cannabis. You can OD on everything else.

7. Actually no. They classify all narcotics by how much trouble you can get into for each drug.

Class A

Ecstasy, LSD, heroin, cocaine, crack, magic mushrooms, amphetamines (if prepared for injection).

Class B

Amphetamines, Cannabis, Methylphenidate (Ritalin), Pholcodine.

Class C

Tranquilisers, some painkillers, Gamma hydroxybutyrate (GHB), Ketamine.

8. Well I understand the reason under safety which is what I thought but come on now. GC could just as easily get in a lawsuit from someone who learned on here how to smoke and got injured or injured someone else.

Another question. Can we give advice on legal/unscheduled substances? I guess I'm wondering if it's about the legality of substances or the safeness of them.

9. Someone hurting themselves from say, falling down the stairs because they were too high wouldn't get GC in trouble. That would be the smokers own fault for being wreckless.

Now, say a member gave another member dosage advice for how much coke to do and they overdosed. THEN someone would be fucked. (Not sure if it would be the members fault or GC's, though.)

10. #10 IGetParanoid, Oct 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2009
    You've all been making a few good points, but I know a lot about the law, various other lawerings. I'm well educated, well versed, I know that situations like this, liability wise, might seem complex, but they're pretty simple, forms are all standard boiler plate. Filibuster.

11. Yea I'm not stupid but GC could still be held reliable from a lot of things regarding MJ use, it was just an example. Lets not get into a legal discussion here, I'm just looking for a straight up answer without any loopholes, like most of you guys have given. I don't think just because MJ is virtually harmless is reason enough but hey I don't run this site so I don't make the rules. I was just curious.

So my question remains. Is it because of the legality or safeness of the substances, maybe both?

12. So are you saying that regardless of what happens to a said individual, a forum/message board like this would never be held responsible?

13. Not unless the owner of this board is an alien with amazing mind control powers who can force the readers to do his will through the medium of the written word. In the best of all possible worlds, of course-in the real world, Judas Priest makes you blow your face off with a shotgun.

14. No advice on anything other than marijuana, period. Just because a drug is unscheduled or legal here doesn't make it so in the rest of the world, especially with the many iterations of the Analogue Act which occur in almost all countries.

Unless you know Danish law to a T it just isn't wise. The no advice rule serves another purpose as well: it makes people do their OWN research. Too many people that come here for advise are too damn lazy, and that's how people end up dead or hurt.

15. Word. I don't disagree with the rule in any way, I would do the same if this was my forum. I was just a little curious why cannabis was exempt, in the end I think it's the owners decision. I just kinda find it ironic how this forum is based on an illegal substance, yet it's against the rules to discuss (usage wise) about others.

Anyways like Lukas said it saves lives by having people do their own research.

EDIT: Oh and as for talk about legal drugs, I was referring to stuff like alcohol/tobacco.

16. Or snorting the green marshmallows out of the Lucky Charms cereal? I'll never look at my chocolate Lucky Charms the same way again...thanks to Pandora's...

17. I think you mean the blue one. :wave:

18. It really doesn't necessarily have anything to do with iiability, the way that international law works as it pertains to message boards is that the message board owners cannot be held liable for material posted on the boards. Individual posters can be held liable themselves, so it's really to protect YOU.

I suspect though that the owners just don't want to have discussion of such things because of it's very nature. Hell, they may not even keep Pandora's around, and you're asking for them to make the rules less stringent? That's not going to happen.

19. Damn, that explains why I am not getting high (throws out crushed green marshmallows)

20. @ WildWill...

Where did I ask them to make the rule less restrictive? I was just wondering why it is the way it is. I've heard because both legal and safety reasons which can both be argued for or against. But like you said I do agree that it's just the up to the owners discretion on what's allowed and what isn't.