Question about germination containers / sexing

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by kellizar, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Hey GC,

I'm going to be starting my first grow in a couple weeks. The plan is to get some bagseed from the best bud I can find. I want to start 8-12 seeds at first so I have a better chance of getting 2-4 females. I'll be running a 400w HPS for vegging and flowering, and I want to try scrog. Fuck it, go big or go home, right? haha.

What do you start the seeds in? Is it possible to start them in a big enough container (1 L, 2 L bottles) so that you can sex them before transplanting to larger permanent pots?

Much appreciated,
    jco

2. Bump. Anyone?

3. I'm actually in the exact same situation as you. Except I have 6 seeds and am Hoping to get 2-3 females.

I'm gemrinating them, as I write this, In some wet paper towel, then plan to move them into some tiny seedling containers, then into some bigger ones with fertilized soil, then finally into their final homes in 3 gallon pots once I determine the sex. But I'm as sure this will work as you, which is to say that I'm not.

4. hey dude after germ-ing em most people put them in those lil plastic party/beer cups then transplant from there, its better to transplant into bigger pots rather than going straight in to a large pot as the roots spead out to the bottom & dont make use of all the soil, whereas in a small pot it can develop a nice root ball which will grow out when transplanted

if u was on about what to germ them in heres a sticky on germ-ing em
    http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/15076-germination-420-a.html

hope thats some help