Question about germinating

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by swordfish 919, May 31, 2009.

1. So I did the paper towel method and kept everything in a dresser drawer for about three days. When I went to look at the seeds, I noticed the root tip on some of the seeds were noticeably longer than what I have seen in most guides. I transferred the ones with the longest tips into solo cups filled with organic potting soil and covered them with saran wrap and left them outside. Was using the seeds that had the longest root tips a bad idea? The longest one was probably between 1/4-1/2 inch.

2. you should be safe. :D

next time though, check on your seeds a bit more frequently... you really really want the root "just" poking out, or at least thats where I get my best results...but as long as it has a root sticking out your good ...just dont break em on planting ( why I have good results with em barely peeking out ..I break stuff ;) )

good luck

3. I actually think you planted it just fine. I usually wait for my taproot to get 1/4'' to 1/2'' before putting it in soil. It'll be fine dude no problem, and you'll get a sprout faster this way. You can actually let them get longer if you want, but this increases the chance of root rot.