question about flowering

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Apple Sighter, Dec 14, 2009.

1. just over 2 months into flowering and lately my temps in the room im sure have been getting a lot lower, will this stop the budding? i havent seen much growth for about the past few weeks, just wondering if the slowing of maturity of the buds is from the temps? and also if the temps are making the buds grow slower will it matter if i get it back onto track with normal temps? will the buds still grow nicely even if they have to go through 50F weather for a few weeks?

2. 50` temps will definitely slow things down. I try to keep my room at 70` at night, but with the recent arctic weather we've had, the room has gotten into the low 60's.

The plants are 1-2 weeks from finish and the cold is causing them to turn purple. I would try to get some supplemental heat in your grow space. I like the oil filled radiator style heaters. They're safe and effective. They have a thermostat. and some have dual wattage controls. I can heat my veg tent with the heater set at 600 watts, and my flower room I set at 900 watts.

The other thing is that most hybrid strains will finish in about 2 months, give or take a week. You my want to invest in a mini microscope and check the trichomes to see how close you truly are. If your strain is more sativa dominant, you could still be over a month away.

If you're unfamiliar with checking the trichs, here's some info that will help. You can get a mini microscope at Radio Shack for about 12 bucks.

Good luck getting it sorted out..............chunk

3. yea i know about the trichomes, just havent been able to buy a magnifying glass yet. but my last question is as long as i can't see anything physically wrong with the plant and its still looking healthy it shouldnt matter if i get the buds back on track with good temps? hopefully once i put the heater down there tomorrow along with the heating pad on the bucket ill see some dramatic changes.

4. You'll be fine, Just get your temp back to something more suitable for MJ. And if it's been already 2 months into flowering they might not grow much bigger, might get more dense, Best bet would be to get you a magnifer and check. What kinda strain is it? Indica? Are a good portion of the hairs orange? Could be ready to harvest and you dont even know it :)

5. one of the plants has a lot of orange hairs along with all the leaves covered in crystally trichomes, ahh they look so good. but i just feel like what im harvesting isnt a lot, the colas arent big at all compared to other peoples' plants. i was hoping to be able to get them back on track with good temps and see a good amount of growth before harvesting.

6. What kind of lighting and nutes are you using? That has an impact on yield as well, if your growing with cfl's your gonna have a weak yield.

7. yes i am growing with cfl's have 5 in there. all are 1400 lumens with 26W equivalent to 110W. i know all these factors play in on how the final product of your plant turns out but everyone else ive seen thats used CFL's has produced a higher yield than what it seems im going to get. I plan on going in there later today to add the heater and the pad to the buckets. also will take some pictures of the bud development to see how they're doing and what i should do next.