Question about flowering.... is everything ok?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SmallSmoke, May 30, 2007.

1. Alright, well it's about 1 1/2 months old now and been on a 12/12 schedule for about a week now. I'm using 3 27W CFL's at 5500k. I can't afford to pick up any 2700k bulbs right now. Will it not flower if I use 5500k bulbs or will it still flower with a 12/12 light cycle. Growth is about 1/2" per day or so and it stands about 13" tall. Any advice would be great. I'm just using water, no nutes or anything. Just water and soil in a 2 gallon pot.

Attached Files:

2. Also, it has not shown any sign of sex yet? Is this bad that it hasn't?

3. The lights shouldn't affect flowering just growth. It can some times take longer to show sex. I wouldn't get worried until after 2 weeks. Just make sure there are no light leaks and your 12/12 is consistent. Also some strains use different light cycles. In some cases 12/12 might not work as good.

How did you get that far with out using nutes? Does your soil have anything in it?

4. the 5500k lights wont effect the flowering, but once it starts to bud, useing 5500k instead of 2700k-3000k will effect the bud growth, they may be deformed, undersized, less potent, less yeild, but yes you can use they all the way through if you have to. even adding 1 or 2 warm cfl's will help, if you cant afford 3.

5. i would also like to know this too.

6. I did forget to mention that i'm not using any nutes right now but I did add some MG soil to the mix so yes there are some nutes in the soil.

Also anyone want to comment on my plants. Looking good, bad?

Some of the stems going to the leaves are purple, is this bad? I hear people saying it's a strain characteristic or a lack of P?

I'm on day 8 right now of 12/12 still no sign of sex from what I can tell. Is this awkward for an almost 2 month old plant to not have shown any sign of sex yet?

7. why is nobody responding?

8. looking good but get some bigger pots for them... i have the same ones and they are deff not big enough... your gonna loose a lotta ur yeild because they are not gonna have enough room to spread out... it seems like it will at this point in growing (especially if this is ur first time) but its not... get some bigger pots at home depot...
    u will be happier...

btw i wouldnt use any more miracle grow ... go to ur local hydro store and get some nutrients that they reccomend ...
    peace out man adn i hope this helped

dont get impatient

9. Question on sex. It's been like 9 days now on 12/12. I know I should be patient, but after about 7 weeks shouldn't it have shown some kind of sex by now? I can't see anything that would even identify it as male or female.

10. Here is a picture as of today. I consider it my child. Please tell me if it is healthy? All doctors chime in please. :confused::cool::eek:

Tell me if it looks gooodddd... Still no sex shown, wtf is going on with it? Is it retarrded? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::devious:

Attached Files:

• new.JPG
      new.JPG
      File size:
      101.1 KB
      Views:
  11. Get me a close up shot of those nodes near the top, I'll see what I can do.

12. I took the closest pictures i could from at the top in the first pictures i posted. that is close as I can get with my camera after that it gets blurry. I have a 5mp sony camera. anyone know a way i can get closer?

13. Well I did take care of the light problem. I bought 1 42 watt 2700k and 2 32W 2700k bulbs. :) So that should be taken care of...

14. Chill dude it's still Vegin just cus you change the light to 12/12 dont mean the plant flowers same day takes time for the DNA to do its Magic through out the plant.

Normally sex starts showing 7-10 days after light change but some plants can be as little as 24hrs others 3 to 4 weeks depends how lucky you are or grow situation. ie. hydro / soil / light yeild - (low lumens = less enegery. so the plant is not reaching its full protential during daylight hours causing he/she to grow weaker (light is food too )hence slower growth rate longer sex time etc etc)smaller yeild in buds.)

forget clf for flowering get some HPS lamps going if you want nice fat buds

Once sex shows it'll still Take a week before flowering kicks off. When it starts to crown (with lots of white pistals showing(lookin like a flower forming))is your first week of flowering then its 8/9/12 weeks to go depending on your plant.

Watch for males during sex stage :smoking::smoking:

Sorry but you'll have to wait your a long way from smoking it yet

15. Sounds good steed I will keep an eye out. But I will be sticking with CFL's.

16. Also, is there anyway to tell wether this plant is indica, satica or both?

17. Personally it looks like an indica to me, not positive....but it looks like it.

18. Can someone give me a description of what it would look like if indica or if sativa? Is there a guide to this somewhere, and the kind of high you get from the different kinds of plants. I did a search but i'm not turning up anything useful on that.