Question about flavor from glass hand pipe.

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by Four_Twenty, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Hey guys, had a quick question on flavor from a glass pipe..
    So my question is this, is it normal to get a more "burnt" flavor, rather than the taste of the weed?

I never seem to get a true flavor of the weed when smoking through a hand pipe.
    I get nearly zero flavor profile of weed, it just taste like burnt plant matter in my mouth.

Whether it's clean or has some resin on it, I never get a good taste.

2. Maybe its not quality weed. You can also try hemp wick rather then a lighter. Some people say it taste better with hemp wicks.

3. I agree with the hemp wick. You can't taste the gas from the lighter that way. It's a much cleaner hit. Also I'd suggest getting a Toker Poker. They're fantastic.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. It could be that you're burying the flame in that pipe too hard thus just burning it all quickly. Try starting out by grazing the flame lightly over the green material to get the flavorful green hit then progress through the bowl more slowly rather than hitting it hard right off the bat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. You really want flavor?

ok..Then do as I say!!

Buy a butane torch.[​IMG]

& then buy a quartz glass wand. [​IMG]

Heat one end of the glass wand with the torch until it's red, then let it cool, and touch the tip of the wand to your bowl to light it & take a hit.

I promise you, IT WILL TASTE BETTER THAN CANDY!!!

6. Thanks for the replies guys! I'm usually a joint roller, but going into pieces more and more.
    I'll try all the suggestions, and to one poster, yes I do bury my lighter in there, it's a habit from joints and such, heh.
    I'll give hemp wick another go.

Quick question, when do I know my piece is due for a cleaning?

7. You'll know. The hits will start tasting like shit because of the resin. But if you're looking for an easy clean you should do it once every week or two depending on how much use it sees.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hemp wick won't get you any flavor. You're just gonna end up tasting the hempwick really.

Try to find a glass wand in a dispensary near you if you're in a legal or medical state.

You can get a torch at a headshop.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Tried the hempwick, keep it a few CM above the bud and suck in the hot hair for a second, and then ignition. Taste is much better now.

I really do want to try the glass wand now, I hear great things about it.

10. Try it out.

You're opinion on lighters and hempwick will change forever.

You'll literally want to smoke just for the taste because of how amazing amazing it'll taste

11. How do you edge a bowl with a glass wand though?

12. Y
    I'm not sure if you can. I used to pack snappers and take the whole bowl, but maybe you could corner it.

Watch this video. Skip to 1:20 to watch the demonstration.