question about fimming/topping

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ziggyshugenadz, Feb 28, 2006.

1. well i read up on how to top and fim and i tried to fim one of my plants to see what it wold do and all it seemed to do was slow down growth and then nothing else. i dont know what i did wrong.

edit:sorry_for_the_short_post_but_i_spilled_water_on_my_keyboard_yesterday_and_it_hasnt_been_working_right_ever_since.as_you_might_have_noticed_my_spacebar_isnt_working_right_now.my_keyboard_stopped_working_completley_when_i_first_made_this_thread.

2. When I fim, it seems it slows down the growth on the top a little because you're cutting off part of the grow tip, so it will obviously have some effect on the growth. Side branches always shoot up during this time, and if you did it right, you should have 4 new nodes coming off the top. 3 or 2 if the cut wasn't perfect.

If you still only have one after it starts back up again, then you didnt cut off enough of the grow tip.

3. Can someone point me to some info on fimming? I've been looking all over this site and I still don't fully understand it.

I know to find the new growth in between my newest leaves. Then what? Do I snip it in half vertically? Or do I cut the top half of it off? A diagram would be most helpful.

I appreciate anyone's help!

4. I got one done succesfully and alot that weren't, I guess you have to take off Most of the plant matter, talking 80-90%

5. its actually about 60-75% or so they say it just depends on the plant i cut it till there is no more leaf material and i can see several growth points