Question about Dab/Terp Beads/Pearls

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Louie The Lizard, Apr 26, 2019.

1. So I've been thinking about purchasing some of these little things, but 19.99 is kind of rideculous for a pack of 5. Wouldn't glass marbles of the same size function the same, or would the heat be too much for them?

Sent from my Life One X3 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I couldn't compare a marble with the size of the pearl, but heat wise it would be very different. Too much of a hassle imo.

Heh those pearls can get pretty expensive if you use multiple ones. Rubies are like 15 each.

3. I meant more like a 6mm marble, not a standard sized playing marble lmao.

But yeah I get ya, I take high temp dabs anyway, so they wouldn't do much to help me I'd assume.

Sent from my Life One X3 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Así que he estado pensando en comprar algunas de estas pequeñas cosas, pero 19,99 es un poco ridículo para un paquete de 5.

Enviado desde: perlas

5. I use a 6mm synthetic ruby pearl in my banger
    The rubies seem to be good for beginners like myself
    IMG_20221011_094821.jpg IMG_20221011_094841.jpg IMG_20221113_112103.jpg

Far right are ruby pearls waiting to be cleaned and polished after a lot of use

I spend a little money to get decent synthetics
    It makes a difference in performance and taste
    If you use glass make sure it can survive thermal shock

https://www.rubypearlco.com/collections/ruby-pearls

6. I've been contemplating buying a pack of these, but $19.99 seems excessive for what amounts to just 5. Would similarly sized glass marbles work the same, or would they shatter in the heat?

driving directions

7. It is ridiculous for synthetic
    The reason for the rubies and sapphires is heat retention
    They hold heat much better than glass and are suppose give better flavor

I used some cheap quartz inserts for my banger and the concentrate tasted a little off so there may be something to the terp pearls and inserts