Question about college?

Discussion in 'General' started by Scott40, Mar 26, 2009.

1. I am 18 and waiting back from a few more schools to see if i got in. I had a 2.8 in HS...not that good but do u think its good enufff. And also do a lot of people blaze in college. I dont wanna be the only person lookin for weed and pu55y

2. Go to a community college first for a year or two, save money, and get your grades up. Then you can definitely get in to a decent college.

3. Word. That's what I'm doing, and finding bud is no problem. You just gotta be social really, like anything else.

4. Go Greek. Trust me.

There will always be a fraternity brother selling pot.

5. go farmer, if you get my drift. ;)

6. id say thats terrible advice, imho save some money. buy weed not friends

7. Yep. No matter what your grades were in High School, you will always be able to make it into a Community College. Devote your time and effort into working, and keeping, your grades up and you will be able to make it into damn near any Four Year University.

Don't ask me about schools, though. I haven't the foggiest.

:p

8. #8 s~dizzle, Mar 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2009
    take into consideration that unless your in a certificate program youll likely be knocking out gen eds your first two years in college or junior college

That said... Community college cost me 2500 a semister... The local university costs me 10000 a semister (not including scholarships)

Go to a reputed community college, take classes that will trasfer to the college you wish to attend. I got an assoc. Degree with a not so great gpa 3.0and got into a very very good private university with 2 scholarships, 1 was for being a transfer student 2500$ a year, which basically cancle out my first years tuition at the community college.

Scholarships are crucial, looking to see what kinds they offer was my personal way of determining which school I would go to.

A 10k a year state school, or a 20k a year private university, state school wouldn't give me scholarshps, private school gave me 6k in scholarships as well as a state grant which put the tuition at 10k just like the state school. No brainer

Done rule out community college, some are better than others though just like every school.

Edit: just noting the numbers I posted in the begining were per semister and then later on were per year, sry for confusion

9. Thanks guys, I hope I dont have to resort to Comunity college but we will see. I need to get out of my house. Moms are annoying.