question about classic rock

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Hubert, May 16, 2003.

1. what are some other good bands that play music similar to the beatles/rolling stones/bob dylan/ccr. im talking acoustic/kick ass rock and roll type stuff. thanks

2. Neil Young

3. thanks, keep em commin...

4. Fleetwood Mac. Eagles.

5. now your talking.......here goes......led zep for starters......the yardbirds.......(not old but).....crowded house........deep purple..(especially "child in time" live)..........echo and the bunnymen.........EZ rollers..("walk this land").........Martha and the Vandellas............("nowhere to run to")...........Sam the sham and the phaoroes....("wooly bully")............jeff buckley............jefferson airplane...("white rabbit").............lynard skynard...("sweet home alabama").........Audioslave....("cochise")..........steppenwolf......("the pusher and also born to be wild").............the stone roses.....(all there songs....lol).........the animals.....("house of the rising sun").........the music....("every fucking song and i mean every one...lol")...........the small faces.....("all or nothing")..........zager and evans...("in the year 2525")........the zombies.....("she's not there")..........well that's just some....and the songs in the brackets are just some examples of good tunes, but most of the bands above have lots more good tunes.........hope that helped you........Peace out.............Sid

6. thanks guys that was really helpful

7. New riders of the purple sage - "Panama Red"

Surprised nobody mentioned it.

Ya know you're getting old when what you call rock becomes classic. I'm just gettin there myself haha!

8. Also check out:

Mountain
    Janis Joplin
    Canned Heat
    War
    Eric Burton
    Cream
    Electric Light Orchestra
    Traffic - I reccomend "low spark of high heel boys"
    Buffalo Springfield
    Yardbirds
    The Who

It's not classic rock, considered jazz actually, but check out Louie Armstrong AKA Satchmo. I used to have a "job" singin' rock, blues, and jazz and "what a wonderful world" still remains the most powerful song i've ever felt even though i've performed it countless times.

Peace

9. procul harem, Dr. Hook(freakers ball), Nazerath, The James Gang, Foghat, just to name a few.

10. hatebreeder and sidious said the ones i was going to mention (animals and jethro tull)

so i'll have to come up with others to look like i have some musical knowledge of my own lol...

Emerson Lake & Palmer
    King Crimson
    (these two ^ might be a little.... "orchestral"?? for what you're looking for)
    Van Morrison
    The Who
    Turtles
    Mamas & Papas
    Love
    Smashing Pumpkins
    Camel
    The Moody Blues
    Can

hey, hatebreeder... r u a big tull fan? Isnt Thick as a Brick just the ultimate concept album of all time (yes, even better than Pink Floyds Dark Side of the moon)!!?

11. how bout led zeppelin and pink floyd

12. Anything to do with Eric Clapton, Rodriguez, or for a bit less mainstream you could maybe try some Yes or Frank Zappa. Motorhead depending how heavy you'd like to go, or Kansas if your all mellow....

13. Jimmi Hendrix. He's got some nice acoustic as well as electric.
    The Eagles are great too.

14. Just gotta throw Warren Zevon out there b/c he hasn't been mentioned yet. There are a lot of good bands mentioned in this thread. Sam the Sham is awesome, too. Little Red Riding Hood is a good song.

15. Yeah, I remember that one. One of the few nights I watched Letterman instead of sitcoms.

16. Did anyone mention Velvet Underground?