Question about changing light schedule when beginning flower stage

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Jobby, Aug 5, 2009.

1. #1 Jobby, Aug 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2009
    Question about changing light schedule when beginning flower stage.

HI, I have 2x lowryder 2, and 2x Auto AK-48 its my first grow.
    After 6 weeks there was no sign of any pre flowers on any plants except 1 that had 1 tiny white hair, so i decided to change my lights over to 12/12 and just flower like that till the end.

Anyway, i turned my lights out 30 hours ago and let them sit in darkness, just went to turn them back again now to start the 12/12 stage and i can see that all the plants have REALLY started flowering already, hairs/yellow at budsites. a couple inch of growth on my biggest plant.(im guessing they where about ready to flower anyway but i am a nooby and probably missed some signs)

So my question is, should i go back to 18/6 schedule like they had before the 30 hours of darkness in order to maxamize the light usage or would that harm the plants and i shoul go with the 12/12?

Thanks for any help :smoking:

2. I would personally keep them 12/12. How big are they? What kind of light source do you have? And do you have room for them to expand more? There is no reason to come off the 12/12 cycle if everything seems to be going fine. Are you using added nutrients and if so what kind?

3. leave them at 12/12 if you want to flower them.
    remember, 18/6 for vegging and 12/12 for flowering
    good luck.........

4. Thanks for the reply guys,
    They are under a 400w, space is not a problem, the 2 auto ak-48`s are about 21 inch tall and the 2 lowryders are about 16-17 inch tall, 6 weeks old, biobizz soil and nutes, they got a bit of nute burn a couple of weeks ago,

Remember they are autoflowering, they are supposed to flower under any light schedule, thats why i was asking.

Some people are finding some auto flowers that dont actually start flowering for a long time after they are supposed to and so switched to 12/12 lighting in order to induce the flowering,

but it would normally take a little while of 12/12, and so ofcourse they get kept on 12/12 till harvest, but since it only took a 30 hour dark period for my ladies to start would i be able to go back to 18/6 without hurting the plant as this is normal for autos in flower
    or would it start stressing the plant to much?

I guess i was just hoping that i could have got lucky with a kick start to the autos flowering without having to lose the extra hours of light that these small plants could do with.