Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question about Bowls

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by BostonsOwn, Jul 11, 2012.

1. I was wondering..

When you smoke your bowl (Glass bowls)..do you grind your herb, or break it up with your hands and have mini bud nugglets? Does one way allow for more THC intake? etc. etc.

2. I simply break it up with my hands because I don't have a grinder (I need to get one). I've heard some argue that breaking it up with your hands lowers the THC content (minimally). If you have a grinder I would use that but otherwise, your fingers should suffice!

3. I do have a grinder. I would assume that by breaking it up, you lose THC from rubbing with your hands. I feel like using a grinder makes the bowl burn quickly.

4. I don't focus on breaking it up much, in fact I keep some relatively large pieces in the bowl when I pack it.

5. I always grind my herb. I hate breaking down bud by hand because sometimes it can be time consuming and frustrating.

6. I use a grinder.. If you're going to get one go for a Diamond Grind. I love mine. And the kief chamber is a must if you're going to grind.

7. Use a grinder. Much more efficent and your hands wont get sticky :)

8. I tend to take a bowl sized nug fan it out a couple times. (Kinda like a artichoke but not as many fans) and put it upside down in the bowl. I find it burns longer than if you break it up.
    To me grinding it up would make the weed burn faster and personaly I don't see the point in making keif ur gonna smoke it anyways

9. I have a Santa Cruz shredder (grinder, look it up, they're actually really nice) it has 3 chambers, and before I got this buster I would hippy pick all the time, and you can see how you get a bunch of crystal on your fingers. I like my buster because it doesn't rip the weed like other busters, it fluffs it and also has a keef chamber so any crystal that falls off during the process I actually collect, when you get enough you can smoke a massive bowl of pure keef. It's awesome man, saves a lot of time and hassle, I'd get a buster.

10. I've never heard of a buster, is it a grinder?

11. Yeah buster, grinder, same thing just different names

12. Well if you grind it then you can make sure you smoke all the green. If you use big nugs some people cash the bowl when just the outer part of the nug is coted in ash if its ground then all of the green in burned.

13. i break a piece of a nug to plug the hole, then put ground herb on top

14. Ya final824 is right, grinding is a much more conservative use of weed and it gets you much higher with much less, I've also found that bowls that have busted weed smoke much smoother and easier and cherry harder then compared to a bowl that was hippy picked, i.e. oversized nugs, etc

15. I have a grinder but I find myself using a shot glass and scissors or just using my hands to break up my buds. I grow my own and the flowers are far stickier than the commercial buds I can buy, so grinding it leaves a mess in the top of the grinder instead of falling through.

I only really use a grinder if I'm going to roll something.

16. I usually grind my weed for an easier burn.

17. I prefer breaking it up by hand feels so nice and it will burn slower.

But breaking it up with a grinder will mean theres more surface area so you might get a little more smoke.

At the end of the day it's up to you it really won't make that much difference.

18. I prefer to grind

19. depends on if i want to smoke a fast bowl or not or if my lighters almost out ill grind it up causes the weed to chary really easily and it will stay that way but if im not in a rush or i dont want to constantly smoke i wont either way tho i like it