question about bears please read

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by TimeWalker, Dec 12, 2009.

1. has anyone EVER heard anthing about bears being attracted to or in any way being partial to buds? I have heard about deer and cows, I am interested to know if bears would get into it.

2. yeah, if u smoke one up, he will give you some honey:D

3. Well i haven't experencied it first hand but i heard from a friends cousin that he had bears in the woods were he live and almost no deer, when he came to his spot one day all his pride and joys were chewed up and bear prints were there. I'm not possitive but i wouldn't risk not taking defenses man

4. Lots of bears in my area but have never had them chew on plants. The biggest danger is if you use fish based nutes, blood and bone meal or similar stuff, bears will dig out your plants looking for the fish, etc. Guano is OK but but otherwise chemical ferts are best in bear country.

5. well I never heard of bears eating buds but they do eat plants of many types. If you need to rid your area of bears you'll have one hell of a battle on your hands. A bear is a canine ,same as a dog, but a bear is a LOT smarter then a dog because of its ability to stand upright and to use its front paws as hands. They are VERY attracted to sweets like doughnuts and cakes and stuff. They are also atracted to blood, fish, garbage,and birdfood. Attracting the bear to a more favorable area will help if you are having problems. To do so put a post in the ground about 5ft tall and mount a bird feeder (large and tough) on top. put a squirl stopper around it to keep squirls from eating the feed. fill birdfeeder with seed, peanut butter and pancake syrup put the feed on the ground arround it also. any bear in the area will start going there soon. Oh one more thing....if there is a bear in the area HE KNOWS YOUR SCENT AND KNOWS WHEN YOUR IN THE AREA AND WHEN YOU LEAVE...NEVER NEVER FIND YOURSELF BETWEEN A MOTHER AND HER CUBS OR.........

6. Guerilla45 - Bears are not canines, wolves coyotes and dogs are canine species, bears are ursine i.e. ursus horribilis (grizzly bear),

7. I keep bees, and have to deal with bear issues often. The electric fence keeps them out nicely, they also hate moth balls.

8. Moth balls are terrible for the enviroment, and us as a community need to show responsibility if we ever want to get anywhere legally.

I have seen beers eat bird seed, maybe they just check out the plants to see if there are seeds, I don't know the nutritional value in the plantexcept for the seeds. Don't get me wrong theres pleanty of nutrition for herbivores, I just think bears are close to us being omnivores, so...

9. actually moosehead bears are classified as "caniforms" or "dog like carnivorans" the family is ursidae. So i guessI should have said "Canine like" but the point is they mostly resemble dog in action and response and it is crutial to respect them as such when you are in THEIR home.

10. I feel if your worried about bears, your plants are your least of worries.

.357 is the minimum to take one down.

11. #11 tharedhead, Dec 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2009

I don't put them on the ground:eek:. Use two aluminum pie pans wired together, with holes punched in it. Hang from tree.
    If there is a problem with that I will stop, please advise (looks worried)

12. HIGH All, Moosehead said it All for me....well Almost. Lots of Bears here and never had one kill or eat a Plant. What we found out is we can't leaf water around (Containers) they'd rip the shit out of it...so we'd have to pack it up.

two aluminum pie pans wired together....you'd never see me do that....that'd be like putting up a "Come Get Me Sign".

13. What kind of bear is best?

[​IMG]

bears, beets, battlestar galactica.

14. I don't know if would worry about these guys, unless your hanging sausages or mugs of beer.
    [ame=http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k148/floydsmkn/?action=view&current=SNL-ChrisFarleyMikeMyers-DABEARS.flv][​IMG][/ame]

15. Honey!?!? Where's the popcorn I just covered in weed butter?
    [​IMG]

16. yea dude they definately doo. i hit a bear in my bronco and the game comission took it in for a study they called a couple days later saying they mj in it.