Question about Autoflower

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by user011010, Feb 11, 2013.

1. i have a photoperiod plant and an autoflower. right now i need to flower the photo but i dont want to screw up the auto. the auto started off with 24 hrs light for 2 weeks or so. then i switched it to 18/6 with the photo so i could use the same light. so my question is would it be better to go back to cfls for the auto and do 24 hrs again or maybe stay with 18/6 but just do it under my cfls and should i continue using my hps for the auto and accomadate the extra few hrs with some cfls in a different room? i know autos get smaller yields from being stressed im just trying to figure out a way that would be the least amount of stress on the plant and less work for me so i can still get a reasonable yield from this thing lol.

2. I've ran autos on 24 and 18/6 cycles, and I can honestly say I had way better production from using 18/6 than straight 24 hours. The buds were bigger fatter denser and more Potent than running it on 24 hours. I also yielded a lot more from 18/6, I was getting about 1-1.5 Oz per plant and with 24 I was getting like a .5 Oz per plant.

3. i guess my main issue is i will need to move the plant from its enviroment while the photo is in the dark period at least. im afraid switching from an hps to cfls every day and constantly changing its enviroment might stress it out to much. so should i do maybe cfls for 18/6 to finish the plant or maybe 12 hours hps move the plant to a new enviroment for the other 6 hrs under cfls and back into the photo room for the dark period. i shoulkd have timed them better but i was in a hurry to start stuff.

4. Well if you change it to 12 hours the autos won't survive cuz they are made to grow on 16+ hours of light and will die

5. Sorry but your wrong! An auto won't die if you switch its light cycle to 12/12. Worst case is it would yield less!!

6. Uhhh no your wrong! Auto flowers need a certain amount of light throughout the day that has to be 16 hours or more of sunlight! Cuz 12 hours doesn't give the plant enough energy to produce new growth and buds at the same time especially when the plant only grows to 2 feet tall at its peak

7. Go an do a little research on google fella! You can grow any type of marijuana plant on a 12/12 cycle including an auto strain..

8. Lol you can totally grow autos under 12/12. They just grow like shit. I have done it, and have seen it done elsewhere. Where did you get this info from anyhow.

To the original poster. This is why you don't do autos and photos together unless you have more than 1 room. I always keep an auto going in my veg room cause it will get enough light. I would run the auto under cfl's from here on out. Or keep veging your photo and keep the light on 18/6