Question about auto-flowering outdoor

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by delthefunky, Feb 3, 2012.

1. I just ordered my first pack of seeds! I am getting a free northern lights X big bud autoflower for free with my order. I currently am using a cabinet for my grows, and pack my flowering section to the max. I thought I would just pop it, lst it, and keep it in my lower veg section on 18/6 through its cycle and add one more plant to my harvest :)

Than I remembered that my carbon filter is set up in the flowering chamber, and although I have carbon pads (fish filters) over my intake/exhaust in my veg chamber I am worried that the autostrain will smell too much. Here are a couple questions:

Has anyone grown this specific strain before? Does it smell? Do autos typically smell? More or less than regular plants?

So my next thought was to just put it in a pot and throw it in the backyard. Problem is, its february, and I live in the greater Seattle area. Are days are starting to get a bit longer, but the sun is still only out from 7am to 5 pm. I know less sun = less potent, but is it possible to just grow outdoors? My assumptions is it might take a bit longer to reach "sexual maturity" and bud would be a bit less potent, but it should work..?

Has anyone grown autos outside from start (I can give it a week or so inside for the seed to pop and grow) to finish? Does it work even with less than 12 hours of light?

Thank you, I am super excited!!

2. you need to wait for Spring as the sun is too low so it won't give big buds even for autos. 4 20?