Question about Amtrak

Discussion in 'General' started by Varekai, Oct 30, 2010.

1. I'm going down to Miami to chill at the U next weekend and I'm planning to pick up some local herb. I'm taking Amtrak back up to Tampa and was wondering what security is like on trains these days. I've never actually been on Amtrak before, just subways and that sort thing, so I have no idea what sort of situation to expect.

So, to anyone who has taken the train before, do you think I'll be able to carry some ganja back with me? Thanks for the help in advance.

2. Sorry but the only Amtrak info I can provide is that once going from Seattle to Vancouver BC I was hassled/detained/searched at the border because the customs agent at the border with his dog "detected" weed on me even though I wasn't carrying anything on my person. Who knows if the dog gave a false positive or not but after checking my bag, giving me a quick pat down, and asking far too many questions I was allowed to go.

Now I dont know if they'll come by with a dog but I will bet that they will have some kind of security agents on or around the platform just observing for suspicious activity

3. I have taken Amtrak all over the country. You will encounter dogs.

4. Alright glad I wasn't experiencing something out of the ordinary

5. an acquaintance of mines just came back from new york with a handful of crack so it cant be too bad.

6. Dang. That does not sound promising. Could you be a little more specific? Are the dogs just at the train station? Do they patrol around the seats?

7. yeah I mean think about it logically if there was no security or anything like that people would be trafficing so easily

two suitcases full of bud no problem ....

too easy. and i know you're not gunna have that much but thats why they have security... its just a bonus they still get people with eighths and quarters

8. True. My thinking was that it might be a little more lax than the airport since it's unlikely anyone is going to hijack a train. I figured if there are dogs they might be bomb-sniffing rather than drug-sniffing, since most K-9 units specialize.

If what everyone has said is true this is ridiculous. You can't even get a quarter on a train? We live in a police state.

9. I took Amtrak from NY to Washington DC and I didn't even see dogs. There were just some cops at the station.

10. So the real question here is are the dogs on the trains or just at the front before you get on the trains? Seeing different answers here im more just curious about amtrak in the usa

11. you goin for the UMD game?! that's y i'll be there!

12. Wondering the same thing myself. Taking the auto train soon. What is the dog situation like there?

13. If they were going to search me, I would just say I have changed my mind I don't want travel with Amtrak anymore and go and get a refund. You can refuse to be searched, you just won't be allowed to travel.

14. ^ I don't think you can say that to an actual police officer with a K9.

15. i don't think they are going to search.. just wondering about the dogs. I'm planning on putting the tiniest little bit (ever seen those magic flight boxes.. vaporizers) I'm putting just enough to fill up that thing..i would guess that's about (.2 grams at most!) vacuum sealed inside of the thing.. and the vacuum sealing the entire thing again.. then putting in a specially made pocket in my underwear.

what do you think?

Lets say there are drug dogs there.. would they catch me? From what i hear there ARe dogs there sniffing the bags.. but i'm not gotta have anything in the bag..

16. I travel from VA to CT all the time via amtrak I've never seen a dog on the train but ONE time at the NHV station I saw a dog. I wouldn't risk bringing weed though.

17. Seriously, at what point does getting high outweight the benefits of safe traveling? You're going through so much for a .2 that its not even worth it.