Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question about Amsterdam?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by JesusMurphy, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Being British, I don't know about Amsterdam or it's laws, all I know is that it's good for weed. My friend was saying some stuff, which i thought was bullshit, as most things that come out of his mouth are, but he was saying:

1. You had to be a Dutch citizen who's 21 to buy weed, and you can only buy 5g at a time?
    2. You couldn't smoke inside the coffee shops, only in designated smoking areas around the area?

Can anybody confirm this? I've been wanting to go to Amsterdam, and I need to know the stuff before I go over and make some mistakes..

2. Dude why go all the way to amsterdam to smoke weed? when you could do it home

3. Just google it lmao...

4. yea they just passed a law that made only dutch citizens over 21 able to purchase marijuana. they were done with amsterdam being known for marijuana

5. yep "coffee shops" are now closed to the public. Tough luck kid, you just missed the boat.

6. I was reading a thread a week ago and a supposed Netherlands local was insisting that tourists are still down there, buying weed in most cities. Something about how the citizen-only rules not applying yet and might never in the city of Amsterdam.

Anybody want to clear it up :bongin:

7. #8 pinoypayter, Oct 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2011
  8. One of my good friends from college lives/works in Amsterdam now and I've been reassured that the law was delayed until at least 2015 so we're all good... some smaller cities have coffee shop unions that are choosing to no longer allow tourists into their shops, but it's not by government mandate.

I'm headed out there for 10 days for Thanksgiving break (not purposely on the same dates as the CCup) so I'll confirm when I get back...

9. Sitting in the train to the airport, flight to amsterdam goes in two hours. Gobna smoke that killa og kush in the "stones cafe" coffeeshop. Best weed in adam! 4 days in tha sky

10. #11 420stonedpanda, Oct 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2011
    AMSTERDAM COFFEESHOPS ARE FINE.

There is a ban at the moment, but it's only for boarder towns to stop French and Belgians etc driving across the boarder, buying lots of weed, and bringing it home to sell etc.
    But Amsterdam is fine, 18+. The Cannabis Cup is still on next month and i've got a few mates going and am trying to get the money together to go myself...

11. You can go 18+
    You can only buy up to 5 grams, per shop, per person, per day (so you can get as much as you want from diff shops)
    You can smoke in the coffee shops

12. Don't mean to be picky but the ban you refer to only applies to one town - Maastricht. And they only ban everyone except Dutch, German and Belgians who are allowed to buy. The French, Brits, Spanish etc cannot go to Maastricht and this is done because of traffic and noise problems in the city, no other reason.

There are a few very small towns in the south of Holland which have relocated their coffeeshops to outer town locations to prevent traffic problems but currently only one town has restrcitons on who to sell to and that is maastricht.