Queens of the Stone Age - Rated R

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by SpiceMadeOfLife, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Goddaaaammmmnnn this album is so beast. All of the songs on the album are so awesome, and songs like Feel Good Hit of The Summer and Quick and to the pointless are just plain fun. Everytime I listen to them blazed or not I just get all giddy inside and I smile like this :). Definitely one of my favourite albums, anybody agree?

2. this deserves a bump.

that is a great album for sure. thier self titled is also a good'n.

3. Nicotine, Valium, Vicodin, Marijuana, Extacy, and Alcohol...
    C-C-C-COCAINE!

Yeah, one of my favorite albums to blaze to as well.:smoking:

Check out Songs for the Deaf if you haven't already.

4. Hell yeah, QotSA rule. I absolutely love the instrument dynamics; the guitars and bass and drums do exactly what they need to do in each song. Unike many bands, they understand the importance of rests and soft parts that contrast with the heaviness. They got catchy melodies and riffs, epic choruses, great vocals, wonderful guitar tones, they got it all. Hard to name a favorite song, but I will say that "Tension Head"'s main riff is one of my favorite riffs ever.

Just in case you didn't know, Josh Homme also was in the band Kyuss, so they sound similar. Eagles of Death Metal, the two-man band he drums for, is also greatness, but it's a much different sound. And Nick Oliveri's (<----QotSA bass player for a while) band Mondo Generator is hardcore badass as well.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXFEBj_tRbw&feature=related]YouTube - Queens Of The Stone Age - 07 - Song for the Dead[/ame]