Quality ph meter for cheap

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Tall420, Aug 22, 2010.

1. My ph is jacked and need a meter that's worth a shit like a Hanna possibly for the cheap..any suggestions folks?

2. Ditto on your situation for me a few months back, I walked in to the Hydro store and for around $30.00 I got a Milwaukee 600, it's not water proof and give it a good 90 seconds to give a stable constant read out, I like it much better than the Oaktrons that went into the trash when the milwaukee found a new home.
    Hanna I think has one for the home wine maker thats looks to be decent also for about the same duckets.
    Don't forget to get storage solution & calibration solution or you may as well stay with the pool p/h test strips kits.

Best Regards,
    S.S.

3. #3 GrowMoe, Aug 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2010
    Go to ebay man. You can find really cheap ph-pens and others more expensive quality pens. I bought one of those cheap ones, but now 2 years later I'm going to buy a little more expensive, more accurate ph-pen.
    Not too expensive :D. something like this:
    PH METER ,FOR ,MARINE FISH AQUARIUM, HYDROPONICS on eBay (end time 22-Aug-10 19:57:38 BST)
    The one in my local hydroponics store costs like $250!:eek: Like I'm gona pay that... :smoking:

Edit: Here's that Milwaukee ph-meter at $20:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Milwaukee-PH-60...-0-14-New-/230416860251?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0
    But the accuracy is the same as the much cheaper one I got. And it is almost identical.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Digital-pH-Mete...Solutions-/170530368777?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

4. Just F.Y.I.- typically you'll go through a P/H pen meter every year, with that said I'd buy the cheapest one, don't go for the sales point of the replaceable electrode / tip, they usually cost 3/4 of a new meter and again its something that'll have to be ordered and you'll be with out a meter until its delivered.
    The Hanna Checker looks like a good in-expensive meter.
    Regards,
    S.S.

5. Wondering if the meters suggested above also check the total dissolved solids as well?also thanks for the site suggestions..this just might save my sanity