Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Quality of a piece?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by KarlKaliente, Jan 3, 2009.

1. I've been smoking for about 4 months now, and finally decided to invest in some glass. A friend of mine took me to a local headshop, I found a pretty double chamber bubbler for 60 bucks. I took it home, smoked it once, knocked it on its side, and broke the stem. I went out and got some fancy epoxy to try and save it, but the next day I made the same mistake, and it broke in a different place.

Now for the questions - Should I expect better quailty from a piece, or am I an idiot for not being as careful? Of course I know you should try to be careful, but just falling on its side seems a little cheap. Is there anyway to tell the quailty from looking at one? I'm going to get another in a few days, but I don't want to waste any more money.

Thanks for any advice.

2. it depends, usually glass is really fragile, but then there's some thicker glass that can take some beating, where was it when u knocked it on its side

3. On my wood desk.

4. like no drop just tipped over?

5. A piece shouldn't break from just being knocked over, though grass is fragile so, you can't man handle it. It could very well be that it's just a shitty piece, or maybe you just have bad luck and knocked it over in just the right way to break it...

Though, doublers are usually a little less sturdy than their one chambered counterparts.

6. well you could tell the durability just uy looking at the thickness