Qualifying conditions question - IL

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by juke52, Sep 13, 2017.

1. I'm in Illinois. I have a basal cell carcinoma. I want to get a medical cannabis card. Does anyone know if BCC is a qualifying condition included under the general "cancer" qualification for a medical cannabis card in Illinois?

2. Thanks for your reply. Yes, I know that "cancer" is on the qualifying condition list in IL, but my question is specifically about basal cell carcinoma. It's the most common form of skin cancer, and the most common form of cancer overall, and generally speaking, the least dangerous and most curable. So I'm looking for an answer from someone who has specific experience with or knowledge of how Illinois categorizes it. When the state initially began its MMJ program, the list was basically limited to potentially deadly conditions. This is at the other end of the spectrum.

So I'll rephrase the question: is there anyone here who has obtained a MMJ card in Illinois specifically as a result of a BBC diagnosis?

3. If any other Illinoisans are interested, here's what I've found: according to the Seven Points dispensary people, basal cell carcinoma IS a qualifying condition in Illinois. If I get any more relevant news, I'll post it here.