Qb96 elite v2 or Timber Daisy’s

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Goodland805, Jun 3, 2020.

1. I’ve got a 30”x60”x73” grow tent with 2 optic led Phat Slim 1Xl’s. I want to add some lighting to the tent for flower but don’t know which route I should go. I’m thinking either adding 1 or 2 Qb96 v2s or ordering a duo of Daisy’s in 3K. The Daisy’s will take about 3 weeks to get here, gonna flip to flower in a week or week and a half & I can use my hlg 100 4K in between the optic pucks for the mean time. If I order from timber It’ll be through ledgrowlightsupply seeing as they don’t tax or charge shipping, it’ll be a better deal than ordering through timber even if I were to use their $25 off code.
    so which route would y’all go? Or would you do somethin different I’m open to options! Here’s a pic of the same tent with same optic pucks I’ll be growing with, I no longer have the growers choice cmh though but at least this gives you an idea.

2. qb96 are an excellent light I would go with those.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ok so for the moment let’s just say I get one. I get the board & heatsink from hlg. I buy a hlg-185 54a driver.
    Specifically which cords and waygos and shit do I need to be able to put it together & get the light on and running?

4. I don’t know these things and that’s the only reason o haven’t pulled the trigger and bought it yet

5. If its just the one board you only need wagos in order to extend the output wires in case you plan on mounting the driver remotely (outside of the grow tent). I actually like this other brand they make connectors that can splice two wires at the same time (with wago you need one for each wire).
    www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K7FLLHT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

You will also need copper wire, again only if you mount the driver remotely. 18-22 AWG solid core is what HLG recommends.
    www.amazon.com/BNTECHGO-Electric-Gauge-Tinned-Copper/dp/B07JNB3CT7/ref=sr_1_31?crid=2ICZRFEH3UK8H&dchild=1&

And you will need an AC plug to put on the input wires of the driver. You can pull one off an old appliance as well.
    www.amazon.com/Legrand-Pass-Seymour-4867YCC10-15-Amp-Commercial/dp/B000BQKCJC/ref=sr_1_22?crid=1KGEJR78V7ZBG&dchild=1&

6. An
    so 1 of each of these and I should be good to go?

7. Yep, and something to hang the light.

8. 1F11D8CB-6CB5-4E59-A408-CA67E01E94A2.jpeg
    Is there anyways I could hang it like the timber daisy gets hung? By a normal light hanger?
    Something like that? Or how do you go about hanging one?

• Like Like x 1
  9. The heatsink has screw holes (m3 I believe) which you could use to hang it from. Most use hanging rope ratchets or stainless fishing leaders.

10. Thank you boss! Hey brotha do u have Instagram? I’m an idiot when it comes to any diy led stuff and I just have a few questions I wish there was an easier way to message just you so I’m not asking dumbass questions on the forum waiting to hear back lol. If You do, when u have a second can u send me a message over ig?

my account is:
    Valleyterps818

11. i have a 96 on a 185 54A, cranked up you're going to need a couple feet of headroom fyi.