QB132(x4) vs 600w mh/hps....??

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Bronco1500, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Lets see the bud size

Sent from my VS500PP using Tapatalk

2. That's a relative statement one guys small is another guy's large LOL but honestly I ran 600 W lights many times and my quantum board set up at penetration that my 600 W wished it had. there's a lot of variables here and I think we're all splitting hairs and comparing dk sizes when a lot of other things come in to play. Probably not worth the discussion anyway.

3. To each his own but I honestly feel sorry for anybody having to run those old hot caskets piping in the HVAC and all that awful. I also think some people are holding on because they can't afford new tech.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Tell that to the 20 screenshots of people commenting on pics of my last two grows of everybody giving me props on how big and great everything looked.

5. I think we're all proud growers nothing wrong with that I guess to each his own guys. Nobody can really call themselves much until you get that first paycheck from doing it though.

6. A couple months ago I did over a lb dry in half my 4x4 with just the 600 HPS. It was the Genetics and training mainly. Rainmaker from Ethos Genetics, 5 week veg in Royal Gold Tupur one gallon pots. 3 oz per plant average. One was 4 oz.

Then summer hit and the three GG4XWW that were in my other half at the same time are now finishing up, but they bolted on me and fox tailed. Fucking sucks. They were gonna produce heavy too, finishing under a 286 true watt King LED. I’ll see what I can salvage and make RSO from the rest

7. Well show a pic man lol. Here's one under hps. Foot long buds and 6 ft tall IMAG0179.jpeg

8. Ya i do over a pound every time in my 4x4 with about 4 plants with my

Green machine ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1534690219.555933.jpg

Funny you mention fox tailing and heat though because my system wasn't designed for that with a frame that's why am rebuilding it now. Its 30"x30" frame now. My previous frame was 30" x 23" ouch.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1534690267.789818.jpg

9. I meant pics of,your bud. Not the light lol

10. You always have some beauties bud. But I thought you grew under LED?

Since were showing HPS pics

D9350FFB-E234-4D68-9951-61E41F74EAB7.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  11. No mines hybrid remember . I use the leds on the outside corners of the room for maximum light in my 6 by 6. But honestly between them both its amazing i pulled over thirty oz last time .

• Like Like x 1
  12. But do you do over a pound in half of a 4x4? That’s what I did. I was shocked. I did lose about an ounce on some of the bigger colas to mold just creeping in.

I’m down to four plants now with an 8 week veg. It just works better breaking my perpetual cycle that way

13. And I don't have em on yet . the new hood,i got is huge lol[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. That’s right. I might try the opposite if the 8 qb120’s isn’t enough, and throw that 1500 watt King Led in between the qbs. It’s been working with my HPS so couldn’t hurt

• Like Like x 1
  15. I would say yes. Its only losing two feet for me and the hps and leds being so close it gets down to the bottoms of thr plants. I have 4 gram buds on the bottoms. And ty by the way i love to grow

• Like Like x 1
  16. King led are a good light to. Should work great

• Like Like x 1
  17. I don't sell...thus money is a factor. I also produce way more than I can smoke with a 600W MH/HPS ...that cost me <$100 over 4 years ago. I am ADDing heat to my room 9 months a year. Heat is only an issue 2-4 weeks a year. I do not use AC. The legend of tighter nugs is the only reason I think of switching.

18. Done. Finished my new 30x30 Cob QB Frame.
    Waiting on Beans to soak.(Blue Dream Fem from Humboldt & Chemdawg) Got to still decide if Im gonna go Coco Bottom Fed Hempy's or Fabric Pots.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1534731143.628556.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1534731167.675298.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  19. Any doubters are free to head over to T bone Shuffles thread n he can educate u on what these lights can do they are way different than ur blurple lights

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

20. Here is what my light evolved into... 12 Qb,s
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1