QB132(x4) vs 600w mh/hps....??

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Bronco1500, Aug 9, 2018.

1. setting up my first box. Got a 600w mh/hps & 8 QB132’s. I wired up the QB’s and DAMN! I felt like GOD had appeared in front of me. Now I’m contemplating just dropping the 600w and replacing with more QB’s.

Would 4 qb132’s be brighter than the 600 ? I don’t mind spending money, the goal is long term supply of quality nugs.

Any thoughts, opinions, comments gratefully welcomed

Bronco

2. can't beat hps if you can stand the heat.
    use the quantums as side lighting

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. I’m prepared for heat, I think.... Sealed box for the hps with 6” air ducting vent, & AC inside the grow box venting its heat outside the house.

Thx for yer thoughts hardDrive

4. No, not 4 of them. Maximum power is only 72 watts per board. You would need about 8 of them at 50-60 watts each to equal a 600W HID light.

5. How big is your space? That seems like way too much light. 8 qb132 can cover that space alone. 12 would make for better coverage, just dim them a little. HPS makes great buds but will be costly and may cause heat problems like mentioned above.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I respectfully disagree. 8 QB132s will easily replace a 1000 watt HPS, let alone a 600. With Quantum boards, you only need 30 watts per square foot

7. Box is 4’x4.5’x9’

8. So 500 to 720 watts led... 30-40watts a square foot.

I'd personally lean twords the 40 a square

9. I belive HLG stated specifically that 12 QB132 will beat their HLG550 due to the efficiency.

Just guessing the HLG-600-36 would do the job for powering them all.

10. Hps can be beat very easy by cmh and qb....id drop hps get more qb

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Agree... hell 4 qb132 will out perform 600w hps

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. is this fact or opinion...? Not disrespecting, I’m a FNG.... I’d prefer QB’s

13. No, it’s not true. That’s only half the wattage. 6 qb132’s would probably out do a 600 watt HPS. HPS is not efficient, but it flat out produces top shelf buds.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Plenty of data n info floatin around qb and cmh are the 2 best light as of right now u can possibly buy only thing better is the sun

15. Well, I’m buzzed & pulled the trigger. Dumping the HPS & got 8 more QB132’s.... Delivered on Monday

Hmmmm.... each square foot has its own board now.... can’t wait to see it lit up for the 1st time ....

• Like Like x 4
  16. I dont think ull regret it man

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. You definitely won’t regret it, great lights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @ I love growing weed

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Hps always gets fatter nugs bro. I use led and hps and get monster plants so with those boards and hps your golden. I usually average 6 grams dry fat buds and bigger. IMAG0407.jpg 1523156285390.jpg

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk

19. 1,100 watt L.E.D. ... in a 4 x 4 I’m excited to get started

20. 16 QB132's in a 4x4? damn!

if you ran sets of 4, each set of 4x QB132 run off a Meanwell LRS-350-36 driver which are only $32.00 at Mouser.com you could run each board at mx power of 75w each
    LRS-350-36 MEAN WELL | Mouser

if you wanted to get fancy, add a simple PWM controller as a dimmer on each set off each driver so you can dim each set independently.