QB 96 Build

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by OZs_786, Sep 14, 2019.

1. So I’ve been through the threads and looking online on for what it is, I exactly need for this lighting fixture.
    the items I have listed and decided on are :
    A MW 320h driver
    3 Prong AC cord with blue green black wires I believe
    And a terminal block for the cords.
    I’m sure there may be other things, so if anyone can give me any specific names, or links to find the products that are compatible, that would help greatly.
    Thanks for the time and appreciate all the help so far blades

2. 2 3way wago lever connectors for the driver output. That will split it to two positive and two negative wires. One for each board. Run 18awg to each board. Can be braided just needs to be at least 60 volt rated. I got red and just market the negative wire black in a few spots.

If you locate the driver by the power source you can just use the short built in cord and put a 3 prong end on it.

There is an easy way to hang them with 6" fishing leaders and screws.
    IMG_1090.JPG IMG_1092.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  3. Let me "save you time" and TELL YOU..........YOU WANNA listen to Tbone.....when it comes to lighting.......just my .02

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Definitely more then 10 ways to do it. That's just one.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. LOL never thought of using fishing gear . plus one bro

• Like Like x 1
  6. I thought everyone already saw these pics but this is how I wired my two in parallel to a 320h-54a.

I can unplug the boards or even add a third one to the setup. There's another female plug there waiting. Adding more boards in parallel just evenly splits the current between 3 instead of 2. About 120 watts each with 3 and the driver maxed. IMG_1093.JPG IMG_1094.JPG

7. My bad man I’m new to indoor and lighting. Would something like this work fine as far as wiring? And is any soldering required?
    I think I’m just gonna use one of those lever connectors for now since I will probably just be supplementing one board

Attached Files:

8. Solid core wire 18 gauge is easier to use on the molex connectors that are on the boards.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. 4F399863-1327-4788-8486-0086E0A3F469.png 93CAB278-42B6-4BE2-B548-9D68C8F1B1A6.png A86EF0DE-836C-4626-AF36-9AC5FEB2970F.png
    Would something like these work? Can’t seem to find a terminal block that doesn’t come with any extra ones that I don’t need.
    Also not sure if I need anything else for the wiring or driver

10. This is the wire I used and I bought this pack of assorted wagos it has everything you need for this project plus more.
    Wago 221 Lever-Nut Assortment... www.amazon.com/dp/B01N0LRTXZ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

NTE Electronics WHS18-08-25 Hook Up Wire, Solid, Type 18 Gauge, 25' Length, 300V, Gray www.amazon.com/dp/B008UFZ098/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_PSHFDbQ2YDEKN

• Like Like x 1
  11. I use 18(maye 16g idr) solid core door bell wire

• Like Like x 1
  12. My bad for being late gonna start buying some of the equipment tonight. But what do I use to plug into the wall from the cords? The one I found is 16g not 18 like the boards wiring needs

13. Here is the one I used.
    Bergen Industries Inc PS915143 3-Wire Appliance and Power Tool Cord, 9 ft, 14 AWG, 15A/125V AC, 1875w

www.amazon.com/dp/B07BQ8PY21/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_NnzHDbFA9BZWV

14. Just get a plug end from Home Depot. You’ll want to mount the driver outside of tent to keep heat down so shouldn’t need a long plug.

[​IMG]

I was one of the first builds with the qb96 elites and this how I built it. HLG did their light the same way months later and it costs $700.6

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  15. I just went back and looked at the one you posted earlier . It's fine also

16. All right. I guess I kind of get the basic equipment, but I still have no idea how to wire these things. I get that cords have to go from the drivers output and you connect them with the colored cords. But I don’t get the set ups I’ve seen. Everyone uses different colored wirings with positive and negative and that’s just fucking me up more. I have no experience with electrical equipment at all and don’t wanna literally blow up a 100 dollar board