Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Q

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by thrawst, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Have a q, what size socket to use that will fit over 2liter bottle? Making a gravity bong

2. dont use socket use the cap cut a small whole in the cap then put a 5/16 in the whole then light up

3. If you are telling him to smoke from plastic then you're out of your mind,

OP has the right idea in using a metal socket, and honestly you don't need that big of a socket to milk 1 hit from a 2 liter, but don't expect to pass that shit because the bowl will be cashed. I have a grav bong with the cap being the metal end part of cable wire, with the wire and plastic tubes taken out, but that only sufficiently fills a 24oz bottle.

4. I think he was saying to not use the socket to cover up the bottle, but still as a bowl placed in the plastic cap (to properly cover the hole).

5. I just made a bowl for my GB. I just found a decent size socket. I know people who use the part of the socket where you put it onto the wrench as the bowl. I use the part that goes over the bolt becasue its a good size. But just burn a hole in the plastic and while its still melty push the socket through so you get a nice fit. Then put some hot glue around it to get it air tight.

6. Basically it's like, find the right size socket and put a screen in it. Take the cap off a 2liter and the socket should easily sit right on top

The right size I believe is 9/16 (half inch drive)

Can I use a regular glass bowl from my bong instead?

7. what? your suppose to combine the cap with the socket. I have never seen anyone just use a straight up socket.

What your trying to do is get a nice airtight fit on top so there's suction that pulls to smoke down. I think its the easiest just to put a socket into a cap and screw the cap on and off.

8. You can use straight up socket, it's better that way because you aren't using the cap which is plastic

9. I have never seen anyone do this. The plastic doesn't matter. your not smoking it or burning it at all. The socket is what is getting hot.

10. Yeah i wasnt saying smoke out of plastic i was saying use a 5/16th socket and put it in a cap to hold it plus it makes it air type thats what i do for my g bong

11. make a hole in the lid that appropriates the size of the socket to fit.
    problem solved, that way you can screw/unscrew it quickly between hits.