Q: Plant height inside limited growspace...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by StoneSour, Jun 12, 2004.

1. <hr>

To spare you the reading, Ill ask my questions first...

Would I be able to grow a ten inch (yes, 10'') plant if I keep trimming off the top of the plant and letting it get busshy in its case/growbox?
    Would the plant be able to mature and flower?

<hr>

Ive got this awesome stealth growbox that I am making out of an extra computer case. (Ive seen a simmilar setup that was posted recently) I made it lightproof (no light gets out) with mylar tape and tinfoil. I found an efficient fan (small desk fan) that fits right inside and sounds just like a CPU fan with the case closed.

I will post pictures of it just as soon as my brother returns my camera.

I am going to order a 120v growlight that I will mount to the inside-top of the computer case.
    (Any growlight suggestions or links would help, but I need to order today.) I have my eye on this...
    http://www.e-conolight.com/cgi-bin/shopper.exe?preadd=action&key=E-hp2h151z

It is really stealthy, it looks and sounds just like another running computer and I have it tucked under my desk real nicely.

The 120v chords from the fan and the growlight look descrept as hell , you cant even notice since its under my desk and right near the outlet. They come out the back of the case just like any other computer chord would.

I have 4 already germinated/planted seeds planted in small pots, I think I am actually going to stick with the one that looks like it will be the shortest. (they will surface in a few more days, I transfered the germinated seeds yesterday)
    (srain is unkown; bagseed)

The largest pot that will fit in the case is not quite a gallon. It is approx 11'' deep/heght.

I have estemated that the plant will have approx 10'' of height to grow.

10'' , after all that enginerring, I am left with only 10''

Experts:
    Would I be able to grow a ten inch plant if I keep trimming off the top of the plant and letting it get busshy in its case/growbox?
    Would the plant be able to mature and flower?

or am I just wasting my time?

2. Here's a couple suggestions.

First off, definitely read up on ScrOG (Screen of Green) grows, as this will allow you to limit the space taken up by the plants while also increasing your yield.

I would also highly suggest a metal halide lamp for vegging, as that will definitely decrease your internodal lengths. This will allow for more auxillary nodes to grow, and in the end, will help you out indefinitely. The color of light HPS gives will produce taller, stringier plants than if a MH was used for veg.

~Lycanthropy